Master Gardener Program in SE Michigan?

Plymouth, MI(Zone 5b)

This question may have been answered several times over, but I'm not having any luck finding an answer. I'm interested in finding a Master Gardener program here in SE Michigan. I've come across several web sites and I feel like I'm just going in a circle. I would like to get some information to see what is available, what things cost, what's required, and so on. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

paulgrow might be able to help you more-send him a dmail!

North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

The only program I have seen down in this area is at Hidden Lake Gardens in the Irish Hills, it's through Michigan State. Probably a little more south than you would like but maybe Mich State or Uof M has something on there web site?

Good Luck

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

To request information on Wayne County MG program & how to sign up, contact Marion Harris at info@mgawc.org.

Al

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

There is a new Master gardener Coordinator here in Wayne County. Her name is Marcia Pilliciotti . Phone 313-833-2925.

Marion Harris doesn;t have anything to do with the program itself MGAWC is a separate organization from extension.

Dmail me your email or phone number and I'll pass it on to Marcia.

Paul

The next class will start in Aug in Wayne.

This message was edited Feb 22, 2006 5:03 PM

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Calypsa.......The Master Gardener program is run by MSU Extension...Is Plymouth in Wayne country???? If so, then you need to check with the Wayne County Extension Office...I went thru the MG course in 2000 in Iosco County which is up north to you....and the cost was $185.00 which included the huge Core Manual. The cost of it may have gone up, but at any rate, it is well worth it. We have several Master Gardeners here at the Michigan Fourm who will be most happy to help you should you find a class to take...You may want to check out this website...

http://web1.msue.msu.edu/mastergardener/

http://web1.msue.msu.edu/mastergardener/wayne/index.htm

Good Luck, and keep us posted...

Deann

Plymouth, MI(Zone 5b)

Thank you all for the wealth of information!

Deann, yes, Plymouth is in Wayne county though barely. It seems as though the Wayne county office is in Detroit proper. Is there any way to take the course offered for Washtenaw county (their office is next door in Ann Arbor) since that would be much more convenient?

Paul, thank you very much for telling me who to get in touch with in Wayne! I will dmail you promptly.

Au Gres, MI(Zone 5a)

Calypsa.......Yes you may take the course where ever you want too......I live in Arenac County, and took my classes in Iosco which is the next county over, and like you, closer. I also belong to the Sunrise Side Master Gardener Assoc. which is mostly in Iosco County.

Deann

Allen Park, MI(Zone 6a)

Its when a thread always stays at the top of a forumn and doesn't get buried.

Take a look at the Daves garden thread the first 2 threads are sticky.

Paul

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.