Another quickie

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

On your marks (this is what Kevin will be saying to his in northern IL)...

CIAO EX PAL

The answer is the binomial scientific name of a woody plant native to the eastern US, common in zone 6. Escalating clues can be provided if needed.

For those of you that want the game to last longer, send me a d-mail. For those that want more new threads, shoot your answer here. Digital jousting and sparring is expected.

Can't resist, since there's still time. The jumble can also be an Equilibrium term of endearment:

ICE AX OPAL

Edited to remove an extra letter in the jumble which obviously through everyone off. Humble apologies.

This message was edited Feb 19, 2006 4:27 PM

Fulton, MO

VV,

I'm sure you have another anagram on deck; the halls of this forum will be filled with the answer soon.

Your wish is my command.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/577452/

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Is it Carpinus laxiflora?

Scott

I looked at this the first time and moved right on to another thread because I figured it was Ilex opaca. I came back to see if anyone got the answer and just realized it can't be Ilex opaca because there's an extra e in ICE AXE OPAL.

Rats, foiled by the anagram. I give up on this one. I got the others but this one got me. D-Mail me the answer please. Thanks, Lauren

Je suis busté. Pays to count letters when one has fat fingers.

Of course, Scott is right on as usual, and Lauren just wants to be the spoil sport.

Ilex opaca is correct; I let the pseudonym get the better of me. I will edit it back to the appropriate (though no less appellative) number of letters.

The next one might be more fun.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/577452/

Here's the requisite wrapup image.

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley
Presque Isle, WI(Zone 3b)

V2, I give up. You are operating on a whole nuther level. Ken

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.