I want to ask some question

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I wanted to know if I just want only few female chicken (no male) can have hatch eggs that we just want eat egg no extra chick or meat? Hope not silly to ask. LOL

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Redrose, do you mean "will hens lay eggs without a rooster?" Yes, they will, and sometimes better since he's not harassing them all the time.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Ok thanks so glad to know now so I would like to have a few female hens.
(Thank You) >Zeppy<
I appreciate!

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

REdrose, what kind will you be getting? i guess you already know that female chicks are called pullets? How exciting for you! please let us know more, you will LOVE fresh eggs...

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

TFaye, I don't know what kind chicks is but I will ask them what it is as soon I see them, they always gone the rest of day that they work crabbing everyday.
I know it will taste fresh eggs that I want to try brown eggs what Mini told me good.

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

yes, brown are good! i am getting buckeyes, they lay brown, and brown leghorns, they lay white but only buckeye roosters, so then when it's hatching time i will just hatch the brown eggs and get pure buckeyes. whatever you get, feed them as natural as possible,a nd your eggs will taste better!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

That's what my two hens been laying eggs without rooster! The eggs are unfertizler! Well, I just found this forum! LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.