Can anyone identify these?

Yorkshire,

I bought these last Summer at a car-boot sale and the seller didn't know anything about them except that the original owner had spent some time in China and he believed that they originated from there...but wasn't certain. They have some wear and tear and I think they might be quite old...but again, I'm not sure exactly how old.
I fell in love with them because I used to keep fancy goldfish and recognised these as 'bubble-eyed goldfish'. Each one has been carved from some kind of stone or glass and the two smallest ones look as if they have been carved from one piece of crystal rock because of the markings. I would love to learn a little more about these fascinating items and if anyone knows anything about their origin I'd love to hear it.

Thumbnail by Terri1948
This thread has 30 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!