hello from the mid hudson valley in upstate n.y.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

been a member for a few years and just now found this forum. i'm into vegetable gardening especially heirloom tomatoes. i gave up regular gardening for this year and will go with containers only on my deck.
i have posted regularly on the tomato forum and container forum.
off to work now. see you all later so we can trade war stories on our weather.

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Welcome Herbie!!! Hope you enjoy the people as much as I do. Quite a bunch we have here!

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Hey Herbie! Have you started any seeds yet?

Lambertville, NJ(Zone 6a)

Hi Herbie!

I believe the northeast forum is new to DG. I have only been a member since Aug/Sept. I'm totally hoooked. Most of the time I'm peeking in on the Coffee and thread in the Parking Lot forum. We have a great time there.

Weather in our corner of the US has been really weird this year hasn't it?

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Herbie, What variety of tomato do you use for containers.?
I'm kinda set with my 3 varieties for the garden but I sometimes set up some containers for others.
Andy P

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

sarahskeeper - this year i am going with sun gold, which i always grow in containers, big rainbow, the dutchman, saint lucie, depps firefly olean ukranian, brandy boy. i also sent away for seeds from www.njtomato.com
which holds a yearly giant tomato contest and i buy the seeds from one of their tomatoes for just one dollar. they never give me the name of the tomato but in the past they come out pretty good. the last tomato i am trying is from sequee (another member) who sent me seeds from a 3 lb tomato she grew. i am trying to get tomatoes that are at least one pound or more

dave 47 - will start my hot peppers and eggplants on march 1st.

thanks for the welcome. do you ever venture to the tomato forum??

This message was edited Feb 17, 2006 3:16 AM

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I haven't checked out the tomato forum. I will now.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

if anyone here likes growing vegetables and especially tomatoes and hasen't checked out the tomato forum you have to give it a try. those who have not been there will be amazed at what we talk about. its very people friendly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.