Public Gardens, Garden Art

nelson, New Zealand(Zone 9a)

I was away on holiday from where I now live and back in my home city of Christchurch. One of my priorities was to visit the local Botanical Gardens. As I wandered through the gardens I came across what I saw as a photo opportunity I couldn't resist.. It is constructed of metal and stands about 7 foot high. This rose sculpture signposting the entrance to the rose garden area. As I do not (as yet) have any garden art in my home garden I thought this was something I could send in to the garden art forum, I thought it was lovely. Looking throught the garden art forum postings has encouraged me to do something for my garden. A few years ago I did pick up a wonderfully sea scoured driftwood article which was about two foot high and a foot acroos. It was obviously a gorse bush which had fallen on watery wastes and been returned to a beach. Unfortunately, a puppy found it and demolished it completely when I left it within reach of his teeth!. I have looked on beaches for another piece as intricate as the one I lost but no luck so far.

Thumbnail by ferrymead
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!