Unseasonably warm - our/your pets!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

We don't exactly have pets......we have our DS and DDIL's doggies that spend lots of time with us :) They take exceptionally good care of their dogs and they're away for a vacation for a bit. Today was the scheduled vet visit and grooming....we just picked them up. Andy & Michelle (DS/DDIL) live on a heavily wooded lot very close to us and our little Smoot just tested positive for Lyme disease :(

She's a Husky and they live on a 3 acre HEAVILY wooded lot. Their other dog, Havoc - a very short haired Argentine Mastiff, tested negative. Both dogs are tested via blood every 6 months. Smoot is on Doxycyclene for 30 days and there was not one symptom.

So.....be careful and get your pets tested if possible - this warm weather prior to the snow can be deceiving !!!

Dea

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Ginger, our 2yr old fawn colored Boxer receives an annual Lyme shot every year. She's going for her physical next week. Thanks for the reminder Dea. I hope little Smoot will get better very soon!!

Thumbnail by Shirley1md
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks Dea!

Baltimore, MD(Zone 7a)

I use Frontline on Luke and Lyla once a month .... they also get a shot. I have had Lymes disease three times...it's no fun.

Thumbnail by levilyla
Phoenix, MD(Zone 7a)

Levilyla do you use it in the winter I stop the liquid stuff and start up again in the spring~~~~should not stop in the cold months...???

Thumbnail by magoobu

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.