Wanted: Kofir Lily from Ireland

Thornville, OH

Hi..Looking for Kofir Lily from Ireland and any other seeds you are willing to trade...check my list...thanks! And check out my journal (click on "view") to see how Jesus Christ has saved my life several times and healed me from Crohn's Disease, plus given me miracles(you have to read the wrist and needle miracle)...have a good one!

Never heard of Kofir lily, what does it look like?

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Last year I received few seeds from Holland and have seedlings it is not confirmed that these are really Kofir lily.
Kaleem

Thornville, OH

Hi...i'm not sure what they look like...but i wanted to try them...still searching...mark updated trade list

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

When I search on Google, the answers seems to be Kaffir lily which is clivia.

Yes, as Zarcanat says it could be Kaffir lily - Clivia or Hesperantha coccinea which is also sometimes known as Kaffir/Caffir lily both this and Clivia are from South Africa though.

I can't find Gaelic word that is like Kofir or Cofir, I can find a Welsh word Cofir (to be recollected or something to be remembered. That's the meaning as far as I could ascertain, not me dithering) but no reference to a plant bearing this name.

I dd find a Kerry lily - Simethis planifolia, native to a small part of Ireland but it is a protected species there. It also grows in France but I don't know it's status.

Gamleby, Sweden(Zone 7a)

Found these also is called Kaffir lily Schizostylis coccinea
http://images.google.se/images?hl=sv&q=Schizostylis&btnG=Google-s%C3%B6kning&sa=N&tab=wi

Clivia Miniata is also called Kaffir lily
Janett

Thornville, OH

Thanks guys! mark

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.