Two Questions...Tuberose and Persian Lilac Tree

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

1) Would someone please tell me the difference (scent-wise) between the single and double tuberose? and
2) Last fall won a 2 ft. tall Persian Lilac tree on ebay. When I unpacked it any root ball that was there fell completely away - the dirt was fairly hard packed. The seller assured me it was fine but just "dormant." Since then I had someone take a look at it - they did a slight scraping toward the bottom of the trunk and told me it was "gone." She said there should be some green wood under a scraping and that there was none. Does anyone know anything about these trees?
Thanks so much!!

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

If given a choice, I always grow the double tuberose-for the fragrance-I think its stronger. Your friend is right, if there isn't any green under the bark, then the tree is dead. But to be sure, pot it up and keep it moist and see if it lives. If it is truly dead, then it will be obvious within a few weeks to months. The trunk will start to dry out.

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks Tigerlily - appreciate it!! I actually am waiting for some doubles I won on ebay...yea!!! Will cont. to watch the Persain Lilac...don't have much hope though :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.