Aurantia Passifloria

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

A passifloria from down under way,it never seems to open all the way up,so tonite I also had a Vitifola
in bloom as well,and crossed pollinated with a little art paint brush,hope it takes to fruiting!

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Here in bud as well.

Thumbnail by Tropicman
Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

That is very pretty - I hope your experiment is a success!

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Unusual coloring. Cute little flower. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
:) Donna

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks!
I crossed a Ruby Alata Glow with Amethystina, it took,the fruit tasted
liike grapefruit,I just planted the seeds this week,no germination as of yet!

San Diego, CA

I currently have the cousin to this one, flowering for me. It is P. Herbertiana which is pretty much yellow when it opens and changes to Orange a couple of day's later. I will see if I can get a pic later to send along.
Mark

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Thanks,what I like about this vareity,is the flowers are open up to as many as 3 days.

San Diego, CA

I think this whole family does that. Your Aurantia as well as my herbertiana and I think when I had Cinnabarina, that it did the same thing.
Mark

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Maybe someday hybridizers can breed this into other passifloras,be wonderful for ther fragrant passies to stay open longer!

San Diego, CA

hmmmm, not sure. I don't know much about the chromazones (spelling) thingy, I assume that is important. If you get any seeds, and if your interested of course, I can trade you Herbertiana seeds for Aurantia seeds when the time comes. My very first fruit is just starting (I think).
Mark

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Here is a picture of mine a couple of years ago. I loved P. Aurantia. It sure was a good bloomer and produced tons of seed pods. Nice pictures, Don.

http://davesgarden.com/forums/fp.php?pid=960299

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

Mark,doesn't look I was able to set fruit this time,will keep at it though and try again next flush of blooms.
Brugie,yours seem to open up further than mine,and I didn't get a white
looking one,light pink before turning orange here!
Yours are very pretty.

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Thanks Don. Mine isn't looking very good right now. She is coasting along very slowly out in the cool garage. I could probably say she is near being dormant.

Bushland, TX(Zone 6a)

To you water it out in the garage.I have never let one go dormant before,can you tell what temps in your garage you keep it?
Thanks

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.