Tall beared iris -Looking for

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Hi I am looking for tall beared iris.
I lost almost all I got in a trade before winter.
I had to go south for my neice that almost died In georgia got a trade of Tall beared
By the time i got home I potted them up cause i could not put in ground we where already in winter.
I decided to pot them up some where quite small others where a great size.
I put them in my basement as i had no where to keep them.I always checked on them.
But I brought them up a few days ago and they didnt make it.
mold set in i lost them all.I was totally blown away.
I was so excited to finally have named iris.I wish I could buy them on computer but money is hard for me.I live on set income.If anyone has any they need to divide come spring can you please consider me.I do have daylily's come spring I can divide.I dont have alot of things.I have stuff that is invasive your not going to want.And i would really appreciate it more than you will ever know.Please let me know thanks Robin

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Robin, did you lose all the ones I sent? I'll send more this summer if you want. LMK

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Rosie, I just started collecting Bearded Iris last year also and have some duplicates that I would be happy to share with you. Do they have to be named because I also have a bed of Iris that are un-named. I have 2 colors of siberian Iris clumps that I always divide in the fall that are very pretty. One is the dark purple Siberians that you see in marshs along the road in Maine and the other is a lighter purple (blue) siberia Iris. I like the foliage on the Siberians and the blooms are very delicate also. I'm in Maine and we can talk about a large trade again this year. I will most likely have some daylilies to share too. If I remember correctly you had some named ones that I was looking for. I am really on the hunt to trade for a Darla Anita as I simply can't afford to purchase plants either and will only be able to do 1 or 2 large trades as it is but can fit an awful lot in a Flat Rate Priority to you. I will also have some very rare seeds to offer in the fall of moring glories and MAYBE some YELLOW Cleome which you can direct sow and be so rewarded with blooms right up until the beginning of our winter sets in. Driving we decided was a long ride but I still would be willing to trade and mail if you'd like. Just let me know my fellow Maine friend!

Kim

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Dear Kim Yes I would love some of your iris
Please let me know what you would like what do you have for daylilys?I have alot friends gave to me and few from trades I got some crosses I started this year that wont be ready for a few years.
I did get darla anita last year but it takes 3 years to divide it was only one of her! Ths year maybe she will bloom it will be so great to see her.
I got alot of stuff from a dear friend of mine when she moved -I have been trying to house-I had a neice down in georgia -That was hospitalized and have to leave so fast I was no home to put these in the ground.Winter came on us mainers fast it seemed.Today it is coming down.Last few days the tulips and other bulbs where coming up what a thing.Gosh darn.Weather is strange rigt now!
I would love to talk with a fellow mainer Kim if you want dmail me -I will let you know my phone number and we can talk more about this thank you!Robin

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

I wanted to let you know Kim LOL Im not rosie...Im Robin
I have a neice rosie.Omg i was writing away and looked back at the letter.And noticed you had addressed it rosie.No wonder why i didnt reaconize who you where! Robin

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

Hello ROBIN :)

Sorry about that.
I just sent you a d-mail and included my personal e-mail address.
As I told you in my e-mail, I will attach a link to some of the perennials I grew last year which I plan to increase (by wintersowing) this year!
Here is the link to some of my perennials:

http://www.jakesplace.biz/kimskreations/TEMPLATES/KimsKountryTemplate.htm

I hope you enjoy and hope to chat further.

Here is a list of the Columbines I winter sowed today:

Pretty Bonnets
Tower Light Rose
William Guiness
Green Apples
Blue Barlow
Black Barlow
Ruby Port
Alpine

I need to purchase more soil as I have TONS AND TONS of seeds to start. Some I will direct sow and others I will winter sow *lol*.

ENJOY!

Kim

Kennebunk, ME(Zone 5a)

I forgot to tell you, there are pictures on the site which I gave you a link to above of my light purple/blue siberian Iris and 2 other Iris which are un-named but simply beautiful! All of my named ones I acquired last year but some I had 2 or 3 rhizomes from. By Fall I should have enough to do 1 trade of some of them.

Kim

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

maineroses, I will be thinning some bearded iris in early April. Do you want Intermediate, Dwarf or Tall Bearded?

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Wanda -I wont be choosey what ever you have the most of I will enjoy!
What would you like in exchange!Thank-you Robin

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I'll make myself a note. :)

Milo, ME(Zone 4a)

Thank-you Wanda! Robin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.