Wish me luck!

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

I anticipate a visit this weekend by Repugnant and Vulgar Volcano. Bar the doors and hide the women! All of you to the north in the Chicago area, beware -- they might be heading your way.

Guy S.

Presque Isle, WI(Zone 3b)

Wow, a road trip by the lame and the halt. They would need snow shoes if they came up this far, so I think I"m safe. Enjoy yourselves. Ken

Oh my... somebody linked me to this thread!

The Deviant Dynamicless Duo is headed my way. Do their wives know they broke out from the Aberrant Acres Assylum? Scary, very scary.

I suppose they'll want clean linens on their beds here and then they'll want to be fed. Here I was happily winter sowing my little brains out barely perusing the threads and then I get linked to this thread which means I'm going to have to start cleaning toilets and picking up warm mushy hairballs and little green army men from all of my floors! I suppose it would be nice to see my counter tops again though... haven't seen those in well over a week since I turned my kitchen into a potting shed.

OK VV and D, my husband thanks you for motivating me! He forgot what color our counter tops were and claims I forgot we owned a vacuum cleaner and a mop. Men, can't live with them and can't live without them.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Yes, here are the barbarians at the gates, the Vikings sailing round the point, the monguls thundering into town. There must be some way to prevent calamity and despare!!!

Perhaps talk of all things green and growing and laughter will do the trick. Has that ever been tried?

In the meantime...a prayer for me or at least a rub of your lucky charm...I think John is going to be driving.

Scott

He drove to a seminar all by his little old self yesterday. I suspect you will survive, but then again...

Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

Guise, Kakistocrat, Eponychium:

No one's safe, and we don't ask for directions. Who knows where we'll strike?

Defunct and I, saddling up for the expedition. Surrounded by well-wishers and adoring fans, and well stocked for any situation.

Thumbnail by ViburnumValley

Quoting:
Wow, a road trip by the lame and the halt. They would need snow shoes if they came up this far, so I think I"m safe. Enjoy yourselves.

Who needs stinking snowshoes? Get us out of the Ohio River valley, and us rubes can be quite imaginative with problem-solving. These ought to get us where we need to go.

Oh my, V V's moving on to pet K words for kandlmidd!

Do not let them fool you. Those renegade outlaws intercepted that Budweiser Beer and they have those Clydesdales under a trance. The Beastly Beer Fairies have no intentions of passing out their hoards to any one who does not cooperate.

Ectoplasm:

Quercus heard about your cleanup effort. He's cogitating over regurgitation, and volunteers to supply Scott and I with BYOHB since you will rudely deprive us of your local artisanal "warm and mushies".

By the time you two have stopped to take pictures of every tree and shrub of interest two of your stalwarts will have died of old age and you will have eaten the other two and be on "shanks mare" so I still feel confident of the "north woods" safety factor. Ken

That's the cat with the cool paint job my husband likes. Well, Quercus has a feline look a like over here named Melvin and Melvin was very active this morning leaving little presents every where so I don't think you need to worry about any warm mushy hairball shortages.

Do not be lulled into a false sense of security Ken. I'm told they stole Santa's sleigh. The jet powered one fueled by faith.

Back to the kitchen, I'm making headway.

Hey Ken, this pic is for you. I unearthed this rat/boot planter while clearing off countertops.

I know you are all jealous but please try to contain yourself because if you are nice to me I will tell you where I bought it so you can surprise your wife with a gift of this most desirable planter. I have no idea what I will plant in mine or where it will fit in around here but I love rats so I had to buy it. My husband thinks my planter is butt ugly and is convinced I am certifiable.

Thumbnail by Equilibrium

This is the same DH that wears a weasel?

I wondered who took my left work boot; must have used it for a pattern. Ken

V V- the very same husband. I only have one thank goodness!

Ken- would you be willing to donate the right boot? I'm thinking this planter is going to be a big hit and people may want a matched set.

Ok, the weekend is over and no report..... I say they did not make it out of Ohio before they ran out of film....and patience with each other. We may never know.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

Report:

They have left here and are taking their pillage and plunder act northward. The castle is in ruins, the womenfolk have been abducted, the children eaten alive . . .

Guy S.

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

. . . here they are, ravaging my poor seed bins! That's Vulgar Victimizer at left, and Repugnant at right.

Thumbnail by StarhillForest

And the horses must be in the barn. Actually you all clean up pretty good.

This message was edited Feb 14, 2006 1:19 PM

Oh noooooooooooooo...
The Dynamicless Duo just called! They're on the way to my house now. Must get all the horses in their stalls!

Quick Guy, give me some tips. Should I start throwing raw meat at them when they walk through the door?

Denver, CO

I feel so very safe out here, the dry wind blowing tiredly among rattling tree branches...

So, people are e-mailing me for an update, eh?
Well, I feel guilt! I hate it when this happens!

They came bearing gifts. V V replaced all of the shrubs that were dug up and stolen from my property last year and Decumbent added several trees that were trashed by... oh shock of all shock...deer. Add to that what Kevin and StarhillForest sent up for me and I am in awe that they were even able to drive with out twigs sticking in the back of their heads. I thought the "boys" had been shopping like a bunch of women with the way the back of that vehicle was all filled but it was for me. Flabbergasted to say the least and here I was talking about tossing raw meat at them! Bad Lauren! Very bad Lauren.

They are off to Beaver Creek for the afternoon. I suspect the personal power shopping will begin in about an hour.

Oh oh oh! I have a new Kentucky Coffee Tree and a tray of Spiranthes too!

Who better to receive than one who gives so much.

Saint Bonifacius, MN(Zone 4a)

Just like that poem, Lauren: the Wisconsinman is so right.

Thank you both for the kind words. And Rick, I know exactly which poem you are referring to. Mostly what I share is seed, seedlings, and very young saplings. There's a big difference between what I have to offer and what was given to me. Both my husband and I are very grateful.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Hi All,

As the first one safely home, I wish to say we had a great trip. And we were pretty well-behaved. Just one traffic ticket, one ruined pair of pants, a just a few chosen words...and anyone who tells you we were forcibly removed from The Morton Arboretum is a yellow-bellied lier!

VV is a great traveling partner--I didn't hate him ever, not even once. We laughed a lot!

To all who hosted us, thank you! Everyone was so generous and gracious. We saw a lot of amazing, incredible things, but the memories I'll treasure most in my future will be the people we got to visit. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

More later. Right now, I'm very tired and wish to go to bed.

Scott

Illinois, IL(Zone 5b)

It was great having you here, albeit for such a short time. I think you should post a photo of yourself in those pants!
Did the Viburminator get home OK too?

Guy S.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

I hope Violent Vesuvius got home okay. I thought I would have seen a post by now. I'll call him when I log off of here.

I think I need to re-word the "not hating VV, not even once" part of my last post. It might sound a little mean-spirited. The thing is, the only other time I've traveled with one person, cooped together, for so long is when I went on my honeymoon with my wife. And, well, let's just say my honeymoon was emotionally temultuous time. Of course, this time, I knew before hand and expected that I wouldn't get past first base!

That was a joke!!! All a joke!!! My honeymoon was great. The trip was great. Everyone behaved in both instances just exactly like well-behaved, upstandingl citizens should!!! Seriously.

Speaking of seriously, somebody must goad VV into disclosing the names we came up with for new Rennasaince series birches!

Fortunately, as far as I know, no photo of the "jeans" episode (aka, the "wardrobe malfunction) exists. I left the stricken pair in the waste basket at the hotel we stayed in on night two. I've been trying to picture the different mental gymnastics the hotel maid must've imagined when she found them! But I will post some photos later tonight when my wife gets home and shows me how to download my pictures.

Scott

Some pre-emptive photos are in order...

I bet you are all wondering what old Declination is up to.

So were our adoring fans; it was quite a turnout, for quite a scene.

And finally...

Hmmmm....so when Decrepit says:

Quoting:
Fortunately, as far as I know, no photo of the "jeans" episode (aka, the "wardrobe malfunction) exists. I left the stricken pair in the waste basket at the hotel we stayed in on night two. I've been trying to picture the different mental gymnastics the hotel maid must've imagined when she found them! But I will post some photos later tonight when my wife gets home and shows me how to download my pictures.

And verbalized pearls like "...Whew! Doesn't seem that cold today. Sure is drafty back there."

Methinks my lord doth protesteth too much.

What he REALLY means is: good thing the evidence has been destroyed. 'Nuff said, except now I might be a little clearer on why he insisted on bringing his hatchback.

You get the picture. It was truly an illuminating and illustrious itinerary, filled with flora, fauna, and friendship.

In addition to the adulation already allocated to Guy, Kevin, and Lauren, I'd like to recognize the unrequited hospitality, kinsmanship, and undying love supplied by the following:

Emma
Tony (Toni?)
Pickle
BUTU
Bunny
Punkin
Sylvie
Culprit
an unknown Samaritan who provided me solace near Bloomington
Pepper
Dexter
Tyson
Trista
Melvin
and big old Elliott

There were others whose names I cannot now recall (they were either in the basement, closet, or hiding under the bed); their anonymous contributions are also appreciated. I look forward to the next opportunity to darken all your doorsteps, and others of like mind.

Watch out, Wisconsin.

Coldwater, MI(Zone 5b)

Either Starkissed is shrinking or you guys are standing on the mistery spot!

That's called hybrid vigor.

Eau Claire, WI

The badgers welcome you with open legs, er I mean arms. I say you hop right back in the Rodeo and make your way north...wayyy north. Just make sure you bring your long-johns and mukluks as we're supposed to hit -20 by Saturday morn. That's crisp but it does tend to keep the riff-raff out.

Can I hear an Amen? Amen

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Here is a picture of VV from the trip:

Thumbnail by Decumbent
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

And one of Guy:

Thumbnail by Decumbent
Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

One of the Illinois State Champion Bur Oak:

Thumbnail by Decumbent

Post a Reply to this Thread