Canna Romance New hybrid

Louisville, KY

Well I am not yet sure if this new hybrid will be released this year or not. I may have to build up stock on it a bit more. It has been a extremely interesting canna. The foliage is a purple color and it tends to be a dwarf staying around 4 to 5 feet tall at the max. The most interesting part about this plant is its unusual flowers which are a color I have not really seen in any of my other plants. I have had many combinations of orange and pink flowers but none quite like this one. It is fairly hard to describe the flower so I will let the photos speak for it. I must say that after all the color change in the flowers at the end they tend to turn a nice pink color many times I have orange flowers while pink flowers are about to fall off. I really like this one I hope it does well it's a great blooming canna and very eye catching.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

picture of the whole plant

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

A picture of the flowers after ageing they turn pink in color rather than the orangish look of the new flowers.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Louisville, KY

Another picture of the flowers changing colors.

Thumbnail by bwilliams
Kannapolis, NC(Zone 7b)

Very pretty, Brian.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Those look like large flowers. It is very pretty.

Louisville, KY

Thank you they are fairly nice size flowers. It has been a good plant.

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Very nice! Love that tropical color; reminds me of plumeria.

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Another beauty! I to like the way the flower color changes as it ages.
:) Donna

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I love the contrast between the beautiful pink flowers and the dark green foliage! Very, very nice!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.