GreenCure

Eleva, WI(Zone 4a)

Hi all-
I was reading about the "cornell formula" in the rose forum and dave_23y mentioned this news release he recently read: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060208/phw011.html?.v=46

Anyhow, it mentions the product GreenCure: http://www.greencure.net/default.asp

Do any of you have any experience with this product? I love roses but really want to maintain an organic hobby farm.

Thanks!!

Hyattsville, MD(Zone 7a)

hi hobbygirl,

I use greencure. About a year and a half ago I was at a master gardeners convention in baltimore and saw a presentation about fungicides and was given a sample of greencure. I have 30 differenent rose bushes in my garden and have had problems in the past with both powdery mildew and blackspot. It worked great. It completely knocked out the powdery mildew problem I was having at the time on the bushes alongside my house.

About it being organic, the label on my sample states its for organic production and it's made with food-grade potassium bicarbonate so I would say its very safe. I have also used it in my herb garden with very positive results.

What do you grow in your garden?

Eleva, WI(Zone 4a)

Wow- 30 roses!
This year is going to be a new gardening year for me, as I am selling my current home and moving to a hobby farm in march. I plan on growing just about everything, but I especially love roses.
I will have a 60*90 veggie garden, the home already is masterfully landscaped with amazing flowers and shrubs, and it has a stream and 3 ponds, so I imagine I will be doing some water gardening.
I will definetely try greencure, thanks for the info. The woman I am buying the hobby farm from has been organic for the past 20 years, so I don't want to mess that up.
Thanks so much for the tip.

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

That's an interesting article. I used a baking soda and water mixture I had seen on my bush recently and thought it seemed to have an effect on the black spot so far. So here I see it does indeed work, just not as well as the potassium.

Cindy

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.