Heart Throb, Carmen, Karl's Star, Blue Star Morning Glories

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

I'm trying to thin out my morning glory collection and I can't find any information on these Morning Glories:

Heart Throb
Carmen
Karl's Star

Hirt's says Carmen is a dark purple, nearly black. But it sounds a lot like Grandpa Ott's.

Does anyone know if these morning glories go by another name? Or do you have pictures of any of them?

Also, I have several Blue Star seeds, but I'm wondering how impressive that one is. I have Flying Saucers, with all the streaks, which I love. The pictures of Blue Star pale in comparison. So I'm wondering if I want to waste my time and space on it?

I just don't have enough room to grow my entire collection, so I thought I'd pick out the ones I like best and trade off the rest. Any input?

Northern, AR(Zone 6b)

Nancy,

We have a forum just on Morning Glories, you might have more response their, as a newbie on MG's, I can't help you at all..sorry.

Bill

Northeast, AR(Zone 7a)

Hey Bill! I remember you! You came to my house a couple years ago. And then we met at Kelley's house for a Plant Swap. How have you been? Have you acquired all the plants you were looking for? (Trick question, I think!)

Thanks for cluing me into the Morning Glory forum. I had no idea. So now I'm off to pose my questions there. I bet those folks will be a lot of help. Thanks again!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.