Organic Growers Seminar in NC

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

A friend called to let me know about a seminar in Flat Rock, NC that will be held on Saturday, March 11. Registration is available online, or you can print out a PDF registration form ($35). I was encouraged to register as early as possible, as the classes I wanted usually fill up pretty quickly. I'll be there for sure.

http://www.organicgrowersschool.org/index.html

Should I post this in the Heirlooms and Gardening sections? There's a class on "Techniques for Preserving Heirloom Seeds"

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

Agri, you should post it in Tomatoes, anyway.

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

Thank you so much for posting this.I will be there! Our mountain place is about 2 hrs NE of Ashville and I am planning to be up there on that week end.

Thanks again
Nancy

What are you signing up for?

I just finished registering.I signed up for Trees shubs and vines for edible landscapes,Medicinal plant production,Building healthy organic soils and eco villages.I also signed up for the half day seminar on commercial production of micro greens.

This message was edited Feb 7, 2006 12:27 PM

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

If I get the classes....

1C, Organic No-Till Systems Promote Soil Quality - Dr. Greg Hoyt

2B, Techniques for Preserving Heirloom Seeds: Harvesting, Cleaning, and Storage - Dr. David W. Bradshaw

3F, Outstanding Cultivars for the Southeast - Cricket Rakita

4G, Weed Management in Organic Fruit Production - Katie Jennings

These are all good people to learn from. Hope to see you there.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Cool beans! I wish I could take more classes, but can't be in two places at once. After talking to the admissions lady, I think I'll be able to switch from the weed class to brambles without any problem. I'll see you in the soil class!

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

My wife and I just signed up. Looking forward to it.

BB

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Okay,so how will we recognize each other? I guess I'll wear my favorite dark blue dress shirt (nerdy guy, slim for 47, with glasses and still has all his hair), but what about the rest of us? Maybe there will be name tags. If so, add our DG handles?

What did you think Agrinerd?

We found the information to be great

BB

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

The classes were very informative, but even though I was just barely on time, the ones I wanted to attend for the first session were all filled up. I was disappointed, but when I realized that I had unhindered access to the seed swap tables, I didn't feel so bad.

It was a long day, but never boring. Each class could have gone all day if we let it... there was just that much to go over. The speakers did their best, though. It was well worth the time.

One thing that amazed me was the mix of people there. It ranged from very professional growers to totally organic flower-children, both young and old (I think I'm somewhere in between). It was great.

Yes it was a long day. We stayed over until SUnday so it wasn't a big deal

What classes did you attend?

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

Seed Swap tables and shooting the breeze with dealers (full classes).

2B, Techniques for Preserving Heirloom Seeds: Harvesting, Cleaning, and Storage - Dr. David W. Bradshaw

3F, Outstanding Cultivars for the Southeast - Cricket Rakita

4B. Small Fruits and Brambles - Walter Harrill

I went to 2B and enjoyed it very much. He is a very knowledgable guy.

Franklin, NC(Zone 6b)

If you ever go through Clemson, you should stop and see his projects there. Nice guy, too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.