Need vine advice...

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Hello all, I am looking for an evergreen vine that's frost hardy and will tolerate shade, and maybe, hopefully have pretty blooms, to go up on my fence and block the noise from the road.....TIA..Lauri

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I have a star jasmine vine (Trachelospermum jasminoides) growing next to my house in partial shade (if you have full shade I'm not sure how it'll do though). It's definitely evergreen and is supposed to be hardy to zone 8 so it should be fine for you, and it has pretty white VERY fragrant flowers in spring.

Denver, CO

There was some similar discussion about shade a long while back. As far as evergreens, Holboellia came up once. The right kind of fence could accomodate a Hedera (non-invasive type).

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

I love the jasmine I have on the fence in the back yard, I may have to put some out front too but was looking for some other color of bloom.Does S.A.C stay evergreen?? The search continues...Thanks ...Lauri

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

Confederate jasmine, like most all jasmines, are evergreen, fragrant, and can handle most conditions (shade). Very fragrant white flowers and strong. More shrubby looking than some of the other more delicate looing jasmines. Star is also white and a nice yellow is Carolina Jasmine.

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

My friend in Florida grows the Black-eyed Susan vine for those same reasons. I don't know how it would do in your dryer climate.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.