Heuchera MONET

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

I have just been informed by one of the major flower places in my zone that they have had a lot of trouble growing Monet an d will not carry it in the future. Anyone else had a problem.

Santa Barbara, CA(Zone 10b)

Oz - I put two in the ground (southern CA) a few months ago and they both look fine. No frost here, of course. They haven't grown much yet but I think they are quite beautiful.

Joooles

I planted three Heuchera 'Monet' in a shaded area a few years ago. Gorgeous flowers, but the foliage reverted to solid green. I removed them last year and hesitate to recommend them.

I have Monet. Wintered over one winter and divided into four plants last summer. Keeping my fingers crossed that they look as good when the snow leaves. Foliage stayed speckled for me.

Albrightsville, PA(Zone 4a)

I don't have any snow cover right now. Monet looks ok so far.
Pam

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
Have Monet for 2 years now but it didn't like where it was,,,,I moved it to a slightly sunnier location and it picked up a little,,,I think I will move it to more sun this year and see how it does. Maybe it's one of those that can be in mostly sunny conditions in the north.

echoes,
4 dividsions ???? That's great. How much sun do you have yours in?

Kelly

I have no idea what it will do down here Kelly. I got a notion it would be a problem.

Toad-lilly I know why your turened green. Was so it could convert more food. that is another thing the grower mentioned down here. They get no food what so ever from the white folage.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
Yep, that is why the whiter hostas sometimes get more green streaking and stippling through them towards the fall.

I think Monet would be o.k. down there if it was in mostly shade. Wouldn't hurt to try it.

This message was edited Feb 10, 2006 6:13 PM

Kelly that is where they had them up in St louis. they about lost the whole bunch of them they had. Was a lot to do with the heat.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

ouch,,,,maybe it wont do well by you then,,,although I'd still try it if it were me,,,,Just to prove it myself,,,,,LOL

Kelly I bet it will do fine up there. It is our heat that does it I think.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

I think it will get better when I move it toa sunnier spot. I Hope,,,,

Kelly, the first year I had mine to the north of a pine. It got shaded from mid-day sun for a couple of hours. I moved it because I was afraid of poor drainage where it was. Everything was floating here last spring. Now some will get early afternoon sun and one in partial shade. We get pretty hot summer days here, but most of the evenings cool off. Somewhat.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

echos,
Thanks for the info

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.