Looking for Knifophia Yellow torch lily

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

I can't find this locally anywhere!! I really don't want to order it if anyone has any to share. Pretty Please:)

Tina

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

I grew this from seed several years ago and it did well, but a cold winter killed it off. You might have better luck in your area. It wasn't hard to grow from seed. --Andy

Haydenville, MA(Zone 5a)

NARGS seed exchange had Knifophia pumila (yellow 60cm) this year....

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

thanks all!

somewhere, PA

I might have some left over seed - are you still looking? If so, I'll check my stash tomorrow morning.
Tam

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Tam. Thanks so much. I'd appreciate some if you do. LMK

Tina

Hi All,

Anyone ever grow Red Hot Poker from seeds? I am this year for the first time and they are taking for ever to germinate. I harvested them from last year. I'm wondering if I skipped something? Is the 6 weeks of refrigeration really necessary? I have Red Hot Poker - 'Lola' seeds, a hugeeeeeee red hot poker type. Thanks for advice in advance.

Rebecca30

This message was edited Mar 5, 2006 1:53 AM

Clearfield, PA(Zone 5a)

Hi tmbolin, I have a yellow red hot poker plant growing in my zone 5 flower garden. I don't know the name of it anymore. I may be able to get you a start from it later on when it gets warmer here. Let me know if you want it. Thanks! Sandy

Dowagiac, MI

I bought 3 Red Hot Poker plants at the end of the 2004 season. Last year, they went absoutely crazy. I ended up with poker shoulder high and nearly 100 babies. I also have seed. Here's a picture of what started out as 3 plants the year before.
blpender

Thumbnail by blpender
crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

WOW

Dowagiac, MI

It's close to 60 today, and should be warm all week. Would you like me to dig a couple babies for you? If I send them out priority tomorrow, I would imagine you would get them by Saturday.
blpender

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

That would be great!! Postage?

Tina

Dowagiac, MI

YIKES, I'm going to have to go out there with a flashlight NOW to dig them. Better get on it. Yes, just postage is fine. I can let you know how much it is .
blpender

Dowagiac, MI

Got 'em. I dug 3, two of them have quite a bit of green and that surprises me. All roots look healthy. Will need an address to send them to. You can email me that at
blpender@earthlink.net .I would like to get them out tomorrow if I can.
blpender

Lodi, CA(Zone 9a)

If you do need to buy kniphofia, Canyon Creek Nursery in Oroville, CA has a very good selection. Check out their website. They are very reasonable and the plants are high quality.

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Check this
http://www.plantastik.com/pern/21-tritoma.html
Kaleem

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

I found "Green Jade" Kniphofia at, of all places...Cost Co. I was very suprised to find it there. They did have other colors too. I didn't have the green. I have red & orange with yellow, & hopefull will trade some of the green with a friend for the yellow. An old neighbor had one that was hot pink color, I didn't know that it came is so many colors until a few years ago! I didn't kow it would start so easily from seed either.
Bj

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hey Kaleem. Haven't seen you in a while;) Thanks for the link.

Tina

BJ I want the green too. I'm envious~~

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

Well Tina, If the green ones mulitiply like the other colors, it won't be long till I'll have some to share! ;)

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

oooh, green ones and pink ones ! If anyone knows of a source for them please let me know !

Libby

Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Hi Libby,
hey they have quite a variety here if you can't find any locally
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/06054.html

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

thanks Al. And share all you want with me BJ I won't be one to stop a good thing!!

Tina

Pontotoc, MS(Zone 7b)

thanks AL

Lewiston, CA(Zone 7b)

WOW! I just went to plant delights & looked at those. My My!
I loved the toffee & white one! Aren't they a little pricey?
Bj

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

Tina
I am here!!!!!!!! just busy in my 2nd Semester exams.
Last week we had again earth quak and that was so horrible , every thing was moving, my son was sleeping up stairs and I rushed up. Thanks God we are okay. Two people are died and many are injured because they jumped from their windows.
Experts are saying these are fore shocks and may be we will have again a big eath qaucke.
Kaleem

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Kaleen, stay safe and hope the "big" one doesn't come.

crossville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh Kaleem!! Thats terrible. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Keep safe my friend.

Hugs
Tina

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.