Here in good ole GA,

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

“Put away your parkas, y'all, and unpack the petunias. Beau did not see his shadow. IT’S AN EARLY SPRING!”

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Yipeee!!! And yesterday I heard on the radio (so you "know" it must be right) that Beau is 90% right. Would that it be true....

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

glad I checked in -- did not hear the good news. Today I am going to trim my liriope and maybe some light pruning on various shrubs. I am getting spring fever already!

Arlington, GA(Zone 8a)

Beau has an extraordinary 93% rate of accuracy.

I know how you feel with spring fever with everything popping up
in our gardens and the nice weather we`ve had its hard to rember
that its WINTER........

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

What's blooming for me? Not a darn thing, except some forsythia that I brought in and forced in a vase.

Yep, it still winter! "Storm of the Century" in March 1993 ring any bells?

Did we have a winter? :)

GGG

Barnesville, GA(Zone 8a)

That's what I'm afraid of :(

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I think my $251 natural gas bill last month says we did! (I have a duel fuel system that uses electricity until the temp goes below 32. Plus, I "only" pay $1.35 per therm.)

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes, the natural gas bills are out of sight pins - I'm keeping blankets handy when needed but I am very optomistic that very cold days will be few and far between.
anyway, TGIF!

Lilburn, GA

Who is Beau? Don't tell me that he is the groundhog. Isn't he supposed to be called General Lee????

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

He is the famous General Beauregard Lee and he is our famous groundhog, living at the Yellow River Game Ranch in Lilburn, Georgia. We love him dearly. He is the one who gives us a quick spring. (smile)

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

hmm i didnt hear what Beau had to say. I missed him. boo hoo. oh i know why my daughter was in the doctors office that day. really boo hoo ( strep throat)

i been to the game ranch. cool place. they still have the deer walking around? its been a few years since we went.

see Augusta needs a groundhog. shoot we need a small zoo. we so behind in times. hehe

okay for those who dont know me i live on the border of SC and Ga.

okay where is spring?? its 38 tonoght and was only 54 today. cold

hurry spring!!!!!

Tyrone, GA(Zone 7b)

Spring will be here in 42 days - March 20 to be exact. It seems like forever but even with cold temps you know that we will be outside raking, pruning, cleaning flower beds and making plans for new plantings. Inside, coaxing seeds to sprout, pouring over catologues and books, attending flower shows, and before you know it, spring has arrived!

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

YEAAAAAAAAAA!! for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bring it on!!!!!!

Susan

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

yes but can you trust a ground hog who lives in lilburn? LOL.
just be ready for that last winter blast about the time the buds pop out and you finished harding off the annuals that you been mothering for weeeeeeeks.... sure spring is here, sure it is, well im getting prepared this time!

Thumbnail by bulbhound
Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

bulbhound,you really need a thread on that green house,my eyeball prints are all over the screen,trying to figure it out .That is a real beauty.I am trying to come up with a plan to build my own.Mike

Dallas, GA(Zone 7b)

im sorry 77 im getting frustrated this thing is huge and all my volunteers have vanished,im going to have to break it down and fiure out how to raise it in sections the directions said to build it like this then raise it ...oh yea its the roof to my greenhouse its a rion 8x16 roof. ill go a way now and drop this thread from my list.

Stone Mountain, GA

Does anyone have a suggestion of what type of evergreen tree/shrub to plant in part sun? I want a screen, about 10-20 feet high. I tried emerald arborvitae and they croaked.

Braselton, GA(Zone 8a)

Holly.

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

Some viburnums grow to up to 20' or so high. Plus you've got flowers in the spring, and berries for the birds. They really hate full sun, so it sounds like you've got ideal conditions. They are really underused plants and are so beautiful. Plus, many of them are fragrant! Check out this link:

http://www.taunton.com/finegardening/pages/g00015.asp

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

What's up with DG tonight? The link didn't come through. You'll have to copy and paste it to go to the site.

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Try cryptomeria,I think they grow full in both shade,or sun.They grow fast too. Mike

Lawrenceville, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey, have any of you been to Grower's Outlet on 78/Athen's Hwy. in Loganville? They reopened on Fri. I checked them out. They had a lot of perennials for $1, bigger pots were $3. Also had some pretty nice bird baths and UGA's for sale.
I thought they had a website but I saved it on my old computer and can't find it now.
LMK if you need directions.

Susan

Cryptomeria are great for part-sun. I just bought one, but haven't had the chance to plant it yet. Thuja green giant can take part-sun, so can the little gem magnolias.
I'm also layering the screening. Behind will be large quince, in front will be anise. The anise is not dense enough to be a thicker screen. Even without leaves, the quince is a thick tangle.

GGG

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.