Corkscrew willows in Kansas?

Osawatomie, KS(Zone 5b)

Any one had good results with Corkscrew Willows in zone 5, East Centra Kansas?

I have ordered 3 trees from Sooner Plant farm: 1 Prairie Fire Crabapple - suposed to be the best crabapple for my zone.

1 Autumn Blaze Maple , and 1 Corkscrew; Willow.

Per Sooner Plants the Corkscrew Willow is good to zone 4, I just was wondering if anyone has had experience with them in my area?

Thanks, Janice.

Atchison, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi,haleysaunt! I rooted some branches of my neighbor's six year old corkscrew three years ago.....her tree has died since then,but, the rootings have established to about six feet this year,so, time will tell!......Dave......

Osawatomie, KS(Zone 5b)

Thanks, Dave! I hope mine doesn't die!!! :-)

Atchison, KS(Zone 6a)

Hi! I forgot to mention that the neighbor's tree was damaged by being struck with her riding mower and that no other problems had resulted up to that time!....Dave....

Maysville, MO(Zone 5a)

I have 2 that are about 8 or 9 years old now. I have them planted next to one of my ponds so they get lots of water. Look healthy, and still growing.

Willows, willows, willows! After a huge windstorm a few years ago I gathered up some debris from a corkscrew willow we had planted here before we even started building our actual home. On a lark, I rammed a few down in to the ground after that storm. I totally forgot about them. Last year, I found them and they were alive. I'd feel pretty comfortable stating yours will probably do fine in KS. I should go take a photo of those things this spring when they start leafing out. Pretty wild that they rooted like that but the area is pretty swampy.

Osawatomie, KS(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the feedback!

I just love the way they look, and I have a big empty spot in my back yard, where there is a dip in the ground.

Please do send us a picture Equilibrium, I love when people send pictures to Dave's Garden! :-)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.