Cincinnati Flower Show April 22-30

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Though it's still a few months away I figured some people may need lead time on this.
The Cincy Flower Show has expanded to two weekends this year.
It is a huge event and well worth the trip here just to see it.

http://cincyflowershow.com/

We've been every year and it just keeps getting better.
Ric

Athens, OH

Sounds great. I'll definitely try to be there!
I should also have some plants to trade by then if others want to meet for a swap.
ROX

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

I'm planning on going, too! In fact, I will probably be volunteering there this year.

I am trying my mightiest to start some seeds (I'm a newbie at this), so hope to have some plants to trade, too, if there is a 'get together'.

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

GREAT News t!
So the deal is....you sneak into the Flower Market early......scope out the best plants.......and hide them for us........lol

Ric

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6a)

Hi, Flowerlou here, last time I was at the Cinci. Flower show I had a booth to sell my artwork for the first time,, whew!!!!!! a very hard show to work, it was when it was at Ault Park..
I kind of miss those days....
perhaps I will go back this year for inspiration on our new yard.
Flowerlou

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

The Coney venue is a much better one than Ault.
Tent upon tent of displays. Area after area of every kind of gardeniing thing imaginable.
All that room....parking......parking.....parking....lol

Here's just a taste from last year.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rnranimals/sets/258171/

Ric

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

You are funny!

Of course, I'll run some reconnaissance missions for you.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Here is a link to the Nashville show. I plan on attending. These events are so interesting.

www.nashvillelawnandgardenshow.com

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

We take the Friday off the week the show opens.
Since they moved it to Coney we have been going w/ our neighbor Eric.
As we live literally 5 minutes away it's a tough ride :)
Generally we are there when the gate opens.

I REALLY can't get over the difference from the Ault Park venue.
As the show gained in popularity parking there became a nightmare.
Shuttles were the only way in after street parking was banned.
Then it was the Hat Ladies and their limos, High Tea, and airs.... a Social Event.

Now at Coney it is real Gardeners.
Especially on weekends.
Muck shoes and jeans, wagons and bags.
There is though Vallet Parking if you're so inclined.
And a social climate does occure on some days.
But most people are working then so............

We're going to have them park the ratty old pick-up.

Ric

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

I like the humor. I understand the red hat thing. I am one of the most underdressed members of my local garden club. We also hosted a tea that I never attended. Some are like myself and then their are those that can hire people to dig in the dirt for them.
That would take away all the fun!
Teresa

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I don't think it should be called gardening when someone else plants for you! Wouldn't that be garden design and not actual gardening?? I totally understand that some people can't physically do it, but others just don't want to get dirty. I read another post on DG that nearly made me cry. The person literally had to lay on the ground and scoot around to maintain their garden and spent a severely long time establishing their garden. I can honestly say I have real blood, sweat and tears wrapped up in most of my plants but it is nothing compared to the determination I just mentioned.

Ric, I do like it better now that it is at Coney. Still don't know if I will go this year though. ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.