Importing plants/cuttings from Pakistan

Tucson, AZ

Hello all,
Does anyone have any experience with importing plants or cuttings from Pakistan into the U.S.?
A Pakistani DG member wants to do a trade with me and I'd like to oblidge him but am afraid he will get his package OK but mine will be held up in customs.

Thanks,
Dave Franges
Tucson Arizona

Mirpur (A.K), Pakistan(Zone 9b)

I sent packages many times (plant and seeds) to USA but never faced any problem in the following states
TX
FL
GA
CA
PA
WA
NY
MD
CT
TN
MS
WI
My package was blocked when I sent to WA, Pixydish received empty envelope, no experience with AZ. Never sent AZ any thing.
Different states have different rules.

Kaleem

Tucson, AZ

Hello Kaleem,
Thanks for the reply. It looks like he has some seeds I might be interested in. I don't think I would take a chance on a plant or cutting. All that I've read seems to indicate seeds are pretty easy.

Dave Franges

Thats good if you are interested in seeds but ask your friend send you through registered mail, this is the most save way to send parcels from Pakistan.
Kaleem

Tucson, AZ

Thanks Kaleem,

I'll pass that on to him. Should I send his package the same way? How should it be marked?

David

You are welcome.
You can send through US Priority mail and if this offer is not available in your post office for Pakistan, You can send him through ordinary mail and marked them PLANTS or BULBS.
Kaleem

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.