Custom pottery planters - where can I find?

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I have starts of the philodendron that my husband and I got as a wedding gift back in 1975. I want to pot these up for both of our girls, one of which is getting married this August. I'd like to put them in a customized planter, with the date of our wedding on it, since their plant originated from ours that we received then. I'm not sure if I want to add the date that they received it or not, but maybe.

Anyway, my question is, is there somewhere that I can get a custom pottery planting pot made? I wasn't really wanting the customization painted on, but rather imprinted, such as the Guy Wolff planters. (example pic attached) I'm open for suggestions, though! And of course, I don't want to spend an arm and a leg..... LOL

Thumbnail by kbaumle
China Spring, TX(Zone 8a)

If you have a 2 yr.college around close, try looking at the continued ed classes. Many offer clay throwing. You could ask the teacher if she could find a student to make you a custom planter and you'll pay for the supplies and gratuity. might be a less expensive alternative. hilary

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

What a great idea! Thanks!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

When I googled "customer pottery", several interesting options came up. I bet there is one that will suit your needs. I think it is a lovely idea for your daughters.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.