Thunbergia grandiflora variegata-pic

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

I had one lonely flower bloom for me this morning..but kinda sorta faded blue right now..but I loved the leaves of this vine...

Thumbnail by Moodene
Denver, CO

That variegation is great- just enough to accent the leaf edges. By the way- what is a "Wild Blue Amaryllis?"
Do post another picture if the color intensifies,
K J

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Very purrrrty especially since it is variegated. How long have you had it?
:) Donna

It is a mature vine growing up on 3 bamboo trellis..I have had it for a year now..lol..

The only pic I had of them was from that guy I got them from..lol...so I will take photos of these I will grow......one day they will bloom for me...

Denver, CO

Have you a latin name, por favor?

Wild Bue Amaryllis-A.K.A. 'Ixiolirion Tataricum' & Siberian Lily is the name I have for them..

Sunset Beach, NC(Zone 8a)

moodene, very nice! Hmmm? I see you're zone 9b. I'm 8b and my thunbergia died back (and may actually be dead) and wasn't variegated. It was a very young vine so I don't know if it's youth, zone 8b, or what got it. Since yours is variegated (typically, more tender) I really would have thought mine would have made it. What do you think? Wonder if it will come back? Anyway........yours looks great!

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8a)

Nadine,
What a Beauty!

Denver, CO

(Thanks Moodene)

Well I cover it when we get a frost nite but other than that..it stays outside under my cedar tree limbs next to my Whiskers brug...in a 3 gallon black pot...
JamesCo..Ya welcome...

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.