Rare Fiesta cup... found in a thrift store

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

I went to a "new to me" thrift store yesterday and I was totally disgusted with their high prices. Everything I picked up was too much money for a thrift store!!!!!! I was getting ready to leave when I spotted this cup. It was mixed in with their collection of new and nothing special coffee mugs. I snatched it up so fast it would make you dizzy lol! Marked 69 cents. It's a very rare 3" Fiesta Red Tom and Jerry mug. Looks orange to me too but so do all the pictures of Fiesta Red in my books. I have no idea what its current value is. In my mom's 2002 book the larger mugs in this color are worth $85. This little guy is supposed to be more valuable because very few were made. I've been a collector of Fiesta for years, old and new, but I've never owned one piece in this color because I refused to pay the book prices. What a wonderful treasure! I left that thrift store feeling vendicated for the high prices misery they put me through! lol!

Bernie do you have a current up to date Fiesta book?

Thumbnail by Vee8ch
This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!