I am so excitied...

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I'm excitied because I've had the new greenhouse running for a month and my power bill came today...and I didnt pass out !! So , I can up the temp 5 degrees !! :)

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Charlotte - That's great. What type of heater are you using? Do you have a fan? I still need to get power out to mine. DH is in the planning stage for that. Becky

Fulton, MO

Yes, Charlotte, more details, please. What minimum temp are you keeping? What are you growing?

I am pretty sure we are using less propane this winter despite keeping the min temp 5*F warmer at 55*F. I think it is a combination of warmer January temps and a solar pool cover.
SB

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

well...my house is only 8 x 6. I'm using a cheapo electric heater from Home Depot with a thermostat set at 50. Lucky...we have had above avg temps lately.

I have a heat mat for starting seedlings and some soil cables that I buried under a thin layer of sand on 2 tables. I have most things setting on these to keep the soil warm and allow me to keep the overall temp lower.

I did order and install the greenhouse bubble wrap from charleys. I plan to take it down after the coldest temps are over. Hoping that will prolong its life.

I was honestly scared to open that electric bill but it was only about $5 higher than last month. I'm not kidding. I realize of course that it will probably be much more in Feb. especially if temps go to normal. But hey...then it will be March ! :)

Winnipeg, MB(Zone 4a)

Great news, Charlotteda!
:) Donna

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

We really should be thankful for such a mild winter. Especially with the price of fuel. I know my propane tank was filled in Dec. and that was $352 the highest we have ever paid. But we still have a little over 50% left. Then our electric bill has been running a little less then last year.

Pickens, SC(Zone 7a)

I am so thankful. I really shouldnt have started my GH up until Feb 1. That was the plan but I couldnt wait. We are having some trees cut that will give me more winter sun for next year. :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.