Best time for Biltmore Estate?

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Hi Everyone,

I visited the Biltmore Estate last winter for the first time and it was beautiful!!! I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on when is the best time to visit to see everything in bloom? I am looking forward to going back and seeing another season.

Tia

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Hmmm...good question, mysticmoonshine.

I bet when flowers are blooming in the Spring would be a GREAT time though! Flowers, small crowds, and cool temps!

Let us know when you go back there!

Shoe.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

Tia,
This is a wonderful time to go! I grew up in Asheville and the Biltmor House is very dear to my heart!

Festival of Flowers

April 1–30, 2006

Spring arrives at Biltmore Estate with a rush of colorful, fragrant blossoms. During Festival of Flowers, April 1–30, the estate’s seasonal beauty is showcased with a stunning tulip display in the Walled Garden, cascades of native and exotic blooms in our natural gardens and walking trails, and delicate arrangements inside Biltmore House. On the weekends, Biltmore House offers family festivities including dance, music, and whimsical skits.

Biltmore’s Winery joins the celebration with a commemorative Festival of Flowers wine and music, wine programs, and children’s activities on Saturday and Sunday. In the Farm Village, blacksmiths, woodworkers, and farmers demonstrate their skills.

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

thanks for the info patischell. i am going to plan to go sometime in mid april. can't wait.

Cincinnati (Anderson, OH(Zone 6a)

You will love it-- the spring bulb bloom is gorgeous. But it's gorgeous anytime, isn't it?! Lucky girl!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.