NEWBIE Round Robin :)

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

THIS RR IS CLOSED....

Hello fellow newbies,

I liked the fun idea of the similar getting to know you RR currently headed up by Sheila. This is a mini take off on their theme. It is a get to know each other exchange ring for us newbie gardening lovers to get to meet each other. This will be a 3 month exchange starting on February 1st and ending with the last packages in April of 2006. How it works will be each month you will get a package from someone in the group and you will send a package to someone in the group. I've never run one before, so I am thinking 15 people max and less is fine too.

Once I figure out how many people are interested, I will e-mail you a questionnaire to fill out and send back to me. This will help us to get to know more about our "garden friend of the month". It will be a fun way to meet new garden pals. Once I get them back, I will let each of you know who is sending to you and also, who you are sending to for each of the 3 months. Remember, it is not a secret, because we want to get to know each other. We will be using flat rate priority mail with confirmation (cost is $8.10 to ship). Boxes need to be shipped by the 10th of each month. Once you ship, please post your confirmation in the thread. Also, when you get your package, please post your goodies on the thread so we can all get to know each other a little more. This will be a garden related theme, but other items are welcome too, so here are some ideas: seeds, bookmarks, gloves, plant markers, bubble packs, books, tools, magazines, flower pots, bulbs, stationary with flowers, crafts, and even candles, bath products, yummy treats, coffee, tea, wind chimes, recipes, candles, pet treats, cookbooks. If we get really creative in letting the person get to know us, we can include local news articles of interest and your other ideas. In February we can include Valentine's fun, and in March of course St. Patty's, etc. Remember, these are just ideas, so get creative and let's have some fun!

If you are interested in joining, please post to the thread or send dmail.

Looking forward to meeting you!!!

Megan

This message was edited Feb 1, 2006 11:24 AM

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hi Megan! Count me in as this sounds like lot's of fun!

Anita

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7a)

Hey Megan!
What counts as a newbie? My feelings won't be hurt if I've been around too long and you want to have this more for a way for the real newbies to get their feet wet in swaps without being overwhelmed. Just let me know, otherwise I would love to join.

-Garity

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Hi Anita and Garity, I'll count you both in. Looking forward to getting to know a little more about each other and some others in the coming months. Thanks for joining, this will be a lot of fun!! I'm still waiting on some more responses and then I'll keep you both posted...

Take care.

Megan

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

I will join in. I'm not sure if we can get all the info in and out in time to have the first box out by 02/10.

So that makes 4 people. Only need 11 more...

Thanks,
Sheila

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Megan, count me in!
-Tif :-)

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Hello all, :)

I'm thinking more people will be surfing around Dave's on the weekend and will want to sign up, so I was planning to wait until Sunday to see how many we get here. Then on Sunday afternoon, I will send each of you the survey to fill out and of course, the sooner you get them back to me, the sooner I can set up the routing. If we need to extend the date past the 10th the first month to make it easier on everyone, that's perfectly fine too. Five of us so far and counting...

Enjoy your day!!!

Megan

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

ok Megan - fine with me. There's no rush if you want to wait a bit longer - what ever you decide

Thumbnail by Anitabryk2
North Adams, MI(Zone 5b)

Count me in if there is still room!

Thanks,
Mindy

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

You're in Mindy, I'll d-mail you Sunday with the survey. Thanks for joining.

Megan

Bartlesville, OK(Zone 6a)

Hi, can I play. I have only been here since July and don't feel particularly new, but I am in the other one and it was so much fun.

I am still kind of handicapped with the shoulder surgery but I would try very hard to get it out by the 10th.

Susan
=^..^=

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Hi Susan, thank you for joining, you'll be hearing from me again on Sunday with the rest of the group. :)

Megan

Hey Megan,
I can tell you right now you have a good group going. I can tell already by those who have signed up that this will be a lot of fun! **Waving to everyone!** Does this make us RR junkies ladies?

-Garity

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Well Garity, we are gardening junkies, so I guess we should add RR junkies to the list too, tee hee...

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I agree Garity!! Looking foward to this!

Chicago, IL(Zone 5a)

Hi. This sounds like lots of fun! Can I still join?

Jess

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Yes Jess, I'll be sending the survey to you all later today. Thanks for joining. :)

Megan

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Make that later tomorrow... was rushing out the door when I wrote that and had to wait to get home to correct it.

Thanks.

Megan

Ottawa, ON(Zone 5a)

This sounds interesting, but I suspect that having a Canadian in the group with the additional postage to and from Canada, not to mention the customs issue wouldn't work very well; so best I just watch from afar.

Have fun with the RR.

Ann

Well, that's a shame Ann, it would have been great to have you on here. :(

Susan
=^..^=

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Okay gang, surveys are out. I ask you to please include anything about yourself I did not mention on the survey. Anita brought up a good point that people may want to include their bathroom and kitchen colors and/or some of the other great ideas used in Sheila's other RR -- feel free to add any helpful info on YOUR survey about YOU that will help make YOUR box special. I think we probably already have some good ideas up our sleeves and it will be really fun making and receiving our boxes. I can't wait to start, yippee!!!

Megan

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Hiya Minday and Jess,

When you get a chance to send me back those surveys, we can get this party started :)

Thanks!!!

Megan

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

ooooh...I'm starting to get real excited!!!

Hey Garity! How did your hair come out. Was you stylist able to match my style??

Anita

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Just need one more and we are off and running gang! Keep you posted!!!

Megan

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Thank you all for getting the survey back so quickly, good job group. I will have routing done and posted today. You will also find your February recipient's survey in your d-mail today. Someone mentioned extending the date for this month. Why don't we it to the 15th for January. Please let me know if you have any q's or c's. Thanks again, I'll be in touch with everything later.

Have a great day!!!

Megan

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Okay, here it is for February:

PurplePetal sends to Shuggins
Shugins sends to Anitabryk2
Hairgirl sends to Garityann
9kittymom sends to Tiffanya
Anitabryk2 sends to PuplePetal
Lafko06 sends to 9kittymom
Tiffanya sends to Hairgirl
Garityann sends to Lafko06

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

yipee...any guidelines we should be aware of other than what has been mentioned?

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Anita, yes, I guess just a reminder to please have your boxes shipped no later than the 15th. Please remember to get confirmation and post it to the thread to make it easier to track the group. Also can you please post your goodies so we can all share the fun!!! Most importantly, let's have fun!!!

Silverado, CA(Zone 9b)

It looks like you have more than enough people - but I wanted to add my name to the list too.

Sherri

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

In case you guys didn't realize it, you can print your postage online and the delivery confirmation is free. If you need details, please let me know. It works out great because you never have to actually go to the post office.

Sheila

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

WOW!!! How do you do it???

That is all I use now. So much easier than going into town.
Susan
=^..^=

https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/landing.do

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

yup - and you setup delivery from your house. I leave it on the front step and my guy comes and takes it! So much easier!

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Sherri,

So sorry, but this RR is closed over now. Thanks for checking in and we'll see you around Dave's. :)

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hey Megan - maybe you should edit the first post to say RR CLOSED? That will save people the grief of reading all the responses and then asking to join only to find it's closed.

Hey Anita!
NO! It was a nightmare! I brought your picture in from your DG homepage and said "I want the top like this" and she'd cut it and say "how's this?" and I'd say "No, like this" showing her the picture. We did that twice and she just wasn't taking the length off, like she was stuck wanting me to have longer layers and I wanted them shorter! I did want it short to the nape of my neck in back and she got that perfect. But for the rest, I had a picture for goodness sakes! Long story short, I just had her finish it up (It was fine, I could live with it and I did like it) and I am going elsewhere next time...with your picture again. It doesn't even look difficult to do! That's why I liked your cut because it didn't look like I was going to be asking the sylist to perform brain surgery. I've just noticed that about the stylists here in Fredericksburg so I have to be nice, it's still a nice small town attitude for the most part and I love that so I do have patience. I do like how she cut my hair, it's just not exactly what I wanted. (you can see the cut on my DG homepage because that was a pic my DH took this past Sunday, 2 days after I got it cut) It's just not as layerd on the top and back so it gets heavy and weighed down with my super thick hair, I need more layers on the top and back!...next time.

Garity

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Hey Garity!

That was my problem - hair weight! I looked at the pic- I think it came out nice!!! I definitely understand about the shorter layers though...

It's so tough finding someone to cut your hair to your liking - then half the time they get it right the first time and can never do it again. When you finally find someone that can and will do it the same for every cut - they up and leave!!!!!
Anita

Hey Tiffany....the package will be on it's way to you tomorrow.

Delivery Confirmation™ Label Number: 0103 8555 7495 6878 0182

Couldn't get everything in the box that I bought to put in it, so it's a good thing that I sent you things I like. LOL

Also hope the things isn't too out of shape for a flat rate box and they don't charge you or send it back to me. I really pushed the 'envelope' (box). Also praying that nothing breaks.

Now I need to work on my February box for the other swap. LOL

Susan
=^..^=

Sumner, WA(Zone 8a)

LOL kittymom...you're fast! I still need to go shopping! :-)

Houston, TX(Zone 9b)

Okay, Susan, you are making the rest of us look bad!! LOL! I haven't even figured out what all I am put in the box...

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.