Wanted

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Does anyone have any iris ( NOT PURPLE or any shade of it ) that they would trade for small voodoo lilie bulbs. I would love red or yellow or combination of some colors.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Makshi, I have some yellow iris, not a lot, and I don't know about digging them this time of year. What do you think?

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

It's best to wait until July or August to dig and divide iris.

I divided a lot of mine last year, but I'll see what I have next summer that needs to be divided.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

I can wait until fall. Remember me when you dig. Thanks a lot

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Will do!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

I often move iris in the early, early spring when they are only a couple inches tall. If they are planted quickly, you can still get bloom on them.
Remember that a rhizome only blooms once and then dies or has babies. The babies take 2-3 years to grow big enough to bloom. Most of my dwarfs & many of my vigorous historics bloom on one year old rhizomes.

Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

If the rhizomes die than what blooms every year? I only need two red iris. Do you have that color?

Regards,
Diane

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Each root only blooms & sends up a stalk ONCE than usually grows 3-6 babies attached to the mother root. As the babies grow, the mother root shrinks to a hulk. When the new iris rhizomes have roots , they are ready to cut free and plant or just leave them in place to grow & bloom. The new rhizomes can take 1-3 years to get to blooming size. I usually plant 2-3 roots in a clump & the resulting increases keep heavy blooming from year to year. The older varieites of TBs and any of the dwarfs increase quickly.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.