shredder

China Spring, TX(Zone 8a)

I know this is an old question.. Can anyone give me suggestions for a shredder that isn't over $1000?
I need one as we have a grove of over 80 pecan trees and various others plus I usually haul in somewhere around 100+ from curbsites. You can see my addiction. I just can't stand to drive by w/out stopping and picking them up. So, they must have a fine blade as well as something to handle the debris from all the pecans. Any help?
thnx, Hilary

Cleveland, GA(Zone 7a)

I have a leaf shredder that I got from freecycle last summer, and it was really good with maple leaves, but wouldn't even begin to shred magnolia leaves! I really don't know about the pecan leaves, but I am hoping to get a few pecan trees this year and find out! I don't really know the brand name of the shredder I have, I will try to post a pic of it if I can get home before dark.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Here in Montana we have returns to the stores that sell them for whatever reason and they are often very cheap. I just got a troy bilt 10 hp shredder and mulcher for $620. at Lowes this winter. No interest for 12 mos. Yeah! Look at Sears, Home Depot etc.

I saw one in
garden supply cat , i don't know how much it was ,or the horse power, but they sell pretty good quality stuff. www.gardensupply.com.
i do believe it was under 1000 because i was drooking over it.
sue

Danielsville, GA(Zone 7b)

Check out e-bay ,and look for sheader/chippers,with local pick up only,in your area.I got a very good old kemp for $45.00.True it needed some work,but it was only a filthy carburator.Mike

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.