Northeast Forum

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

I would like to see a forum for the Northeast. I would propose New England, New York, New Jersey & PA. If anyone else is interested, please post here.
Thanks.
Dave 47

Quaker Hill, CT(Zone 6b)

I'm with you...of course I would also love to see state forums and zone forums but maybe that is just too much. I have heard ;-) that we need at least 10 folks to chime in to start a forum so please post if you are a NE gardener stopping in and would like a NE forum...

Linda

South Plainfield, NJ(Zone 6a)

I would love it!

Cheryl

Millbury, MA(Zone 6a)

I would also appreciate a northeast / new england forum.

West Warwick, RI(Zone 6b)

"well ya see we have this salty air and the weather is forever keepin me guessing, and my soil is great but my neighbors is rocky and my other neighbors is clay, this week its been 50, but tonight itsa gonna be a big freeze" it would be so nice to go to a forum and have others from the area who expeirence the same types of things I do, then maybe they would get the joke when I say something is "WICKED COOL!"

: )
Dena

Edgartown, MA(Zone 7a)

I would love a place to discuss gardening related topics to New England. Lets see Freeze,Thaw,Freeze,Thaw.........No spring, Humid Summer, Fairy Tale Fall. With wonderful resources such as Arnold Arboretum, Brooklyn Botanic Gardens, The Univ. extention services from Ct, RI, Vt, NH, &ME we can rock the word of gardening. Hope to meet with you all at our new forum. katy

Eastham, MA

Count me in. I too am familiar with the freeze thaw freeze thaw and also them darn gusts of wind. It would be good to share the "weather" with the gardening.
Lynne

N Middlesex County, MA(Zone 5a)

I would love a New England forum to commiserate and celebrate everything New England... favorite Garden Centers, public gardens, baseball team GM fiasco, oops..wrong topic... lily beetles, acid soil, ledge, ticks... I found a tick on my dog today in January!!! What is wrong with this picture!!!

Wendy

Yeah no kidding Wendy, ticks are out cuz it hasn't been cold for long enough, pulled one off the cat yesterday.

Soooo anyway Dave do ya think we need a forum? We do. And a DG mug might be nice to.

Dena

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

I would love it too!!!

Morristown, NJ(Zone 6a)

Great Idea!!

South Portland, ME(Zone 5b)

chirp!

love the idea of a regional forum.

Kat

(Ronnie), PA(Zone 6b)

Sounds good to me!!

(Arlene) Southold, NY(Zone 7a)

I'd love it!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Well, Dave *did* say 10 or more votes, so I took it upon myself to put it in place. Here you go: http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/region_ne/all/

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

Thanks again Terry!
I'm hoping some of my more experienced Northeasterners can help me set up some meaningful threads.
Dave47

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Thanks Terry!

Thank you Terry! : )

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Is it too late for me to say I'm in? cuz I'M IN! I need some local friends on DG to complain to, and commiserate with! Great idea!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

commiserate away Ivy!

Anita

lol

Wareham, MA

Yup, Wicked Cool!! Thanks Terry! Actually I went to the beach three times today to get seaweed for my compost pile, lots of people out clamming and golfing. Last year at this time we had 2 feet of snow I think....New England weather is nuts! Great to have our own place here.

This message was edited Jan 29, 2006 1:28 AM

Southern, CT(Zone 6a)

And where would New England be without our most important flower, the Mayflower!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL

OK, I have goosebumps about this guys. The fact that we can talk about the things that we deal with in our area is so awsome. The fact we wcould potentially gather together, share some yummy pot luck morsels, seeds, plants, good company, make friends, have coffee, talk some about our favorite and not so favorite gardening topics, tools, garden art, ooooooooo!

Sorry, got carried away there, I think my point is, I see that other DGers are getting together having a good time but they are soooo far from me, I could never go, maybe we could plan to gather together, and do one of these DG round ups I've heard so much about.

I have a had trouble making friends around here with people, folks are nice and all but people my age seem to be far more interested in going to a club and drinking than gardening and they really don't want to hear me going on about whats growing in my yard. Me thinks I bore people! THAT is NOT WICKED COOL at all : (
Dena

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Dena - I can understand that. Except for one of my friends, everyone gets that glazed look on their face when I start talking about gardening - what's growing, what I've propagated...

A Round up sounds fun - maybe we can start a thread and plan one when the weather gets warmer?

Anita

* Smiling* doing the excited dance, looking around to see whos thinking I'm nutty. : )

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

Dena - did you know that they opened the forum? http://davesgarden.com/forums/f/region_ne/all/

yup I know! : )

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Dena, I would love a roundup! I too have been told I am not allowed to discuss gardening with my friends!

In the middle of the night, I will turn to my DH and say " I have an idea...." . A low groan will come from him and he will say "How much will it cost?" and then I feel bad that I woke him up, so I just say never mind. Now I will have others in the area to wake up!

Long Island, NY(Zone 6b)

LOL Ivy !!!

Can you say OLD WINDOWS!!!!! I just got 8 wood framed windows that come up to my waist for nothing!
*do a little dance* *grow some new plants* *have fun tonight*

Sorry, I had to share, I told the husband (while jumping around like an excited child at Christmas) and he just rolled his eyes at me.

Sometimes it kills me how nobody understands me, so I came to DG to tell you, I knew you all would get the significance of eight big wooden framed FREE windows, and I don't even have to tell you what they are going to become...
yippee!!!

Dena ; )

Ivy, we should exchange cell phone #s so when its 2am and you can't take it anymore you can call me and we will tell of our brillant ideas in the wee hours, then maybe we wont feel like exploding...LOLOL
Dena

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Right on, Dena!

ok, should I make one big cold frame, or two smaller ones????

Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

Oooh, make a big one!

Brockton, MA(Zone 6a)

Make 3. Each for different needs.
Andy P

Ivy Why do you say bigger? I was thinking bigger too, but smaller ones might be easier to
a) move
b) keep warmer if I wanted them to
c) I think I have another reason but it hasn't fully formed yet...

Dena

FREEBIES!!!
Edit to say, what a dork!

This message was edited Jan 29, 2006 5:13 PM

Thumbnail by GRENTHUMBS
Mystic, CT(Zone 6b)

I don't know why I said big. I guess it was greed on my part. I would want a bigger one because I always end up with more plants and seedlings than I have room to grow...

Maybe it would be more sensible to make two or more for different growing conditions.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.