would any of you like to have a Heuchers Forum

Gravois Mills, MO(Zone 6a)

I talked to Terry at DG and he said if there was a interest they could make a special forum for Heuchera folks. these plants are really coming on in popularity.

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

I would be a regular visitor to it! They are one of favorites.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

i have 23+ heucheras and always looking for more. i would love to join in!

belinda

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Me too!

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

Me too..I only have 7 but want more..! :o))

Loretta..

We have a few

Amber waves
Chocolate Ruffels
Palace Purple
Crimson Curls
Amethyst Mist

This Year I hope to add

Marmalade
Lime Ricky
Monet
Persian Carpet
Paprika
Peachy Keen
Silver Scrolls
Color Dream
Vanilla Spice

Huecherella
burnished Bronze
Strike It Rich Gold

Tiarella
Neon Lights

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

They are one of my favourite plants! Count me in, of course.

Sandy

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Would Love a Heuchera Forum. That is another of my up and coming addictions.

Definitely count me in!!!!!

Kelly

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

here's my list.
HEUCHERA
can can
autumn haze
chinook
ebony & ivory
gypsy dancer
plum pudding
june bride
ruby bells
green spice
marmalade
strawberry candy
amber waves
lime rickey
amethyst myst
purple palace

HEUCHERELLA
dayglow pink
strike it rich
sunspot
viking ship
party time

TIARELLA
dark star
sugar & spice
cygnet

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

I have a few Heucheras. They are really great plants (they have such pretty foliage, they have pretty flowers, the stay green most of the winter for me, etc.) and I would love to get more. But honestly I would not specifically visit a Heuchera forum and I would miss the discussion of Heucheras on this forum.

I actually wish that this forum had more traffic (currently there are only 11 threads with posts from this month)

- Brent

Brent do not know how much you are into Heuchera. but they are going ot grow in popularity very fast. The site below will show you how far they have come in recent years.

http://www.lucsperennialworld.com/heuchera/

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
What an awesome link,,,thanks for putting it up,,,,like I need another link!!!!! LOL

KELly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh my goodness.........................making my list...........

Now i am worried Kelly. Get control girl.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
You did that on purpose!!!!! LOL

Kelly

I will loose control end of March. We will be in St louis for a few days and there are two nursuries up there that have acres and and acres of flowers etc. One I know we will be buying jap iris and and several heuchera and heucherella. Most ly heucherella and tiarella at the other. We expect to spend about $200.

This message was edited Jan 25, 2006 5:21 AM

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
Um,,,better plan a little more into the budget,,,LOL

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

That's what I was thinking. $200 wouldn't get me very far... LOL

Kylee

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Kylee,
Me either,,,Oy Vey,,,,

Orangeville, ON(Zone 4b)

Oz,
You can count on my vote for this forum. Maybe they could call it Heucheras, Heucherellas & Tiarellas. I only own one heuchera currently but I sure do have the right environment to host a whole lot more and plan to do so this year. With that said, I will have questions,lol.
And that link.......omg......I'm in sheer awe of those beauties.

Thank You for enabling me, lol.

Erynne

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Erynne,
Yep, that's what we all are enablers,,,LOL

Kelly

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

You guys are ALL bad for my budget.

What's a budget anyway?

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

Don't know,,,,can't say that I've ever had one.

Coshocton, OH(Zone 6a)

oz....

great website, only had 12 on the wish list. $200 is not a bad start! oz is going to wades and gatton this summer, he will need to save $$$ for there.

belinda

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,

See,,,,get that wallet stuffed full before you go!!!!!

Well with 200 spent I should have about 18 are so to start my collection. I also bought the heuchera book that Sandy talked about and if it is no good I am going to go up there I am going to file a complaint with the mounties.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

Oh-oh! (looking for cover)

Sandy

I knew you was lurking around here just had to bring you out out into the open. I ran soil test on part of my beds where I used the chicken litter heavy and tell you sandy it came out prefect. I have a electronic testor that will show if the soil is out of balance. C ame out dead center perfect. Tomorrow i am going ot take some of the compost at about almost pure and see where it test. I also have some zennias under light that are in several small starer pots all labeled frrom different area in the beds. I also have some planted in pure compost. Looking forward to seeing how they react.

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

I like your pioneer spirit with trying new things, oz.

Sandy

Northwest, OH(Zone 5b)

oz is going to wades and gatton this summer, he will need to save $$$ for there.

My mom went there last summer and she said I need to go.............(for hostas)

EDIT: quote feature not working.....

This message was edited Jan 25, 2006 11:58 PM

I will go but not going ot spend a lot of money. We might have a wedding to go to in Jamaca. Plus paying part for the reception when they come home. Maybe sandy will take pity on all of us and devide all her fine plants and give them to us.

I suppose though we will be going up to columbus either around mothers day are in July.

Pioneer spirit is it. SANDY are you trying to call me an old coot aggain in a different way. Very sneaky Sandy

White Lake, ON(Zone 4b)

oz, I just noticed recently that 'old coot' is what Kelly calls her guy, so the name is taken. I've been thinking about what I could call you besides 'old coot'. Something came to mind right away 'old f - - t', but I can't say that on here, so I'll continue to ponder. LOL Actually, you seem pretty spry for an older feller, I might have to drop the 'old' part.

Sandy

Sandy you can fool the bot(the program that runs with all the language on it) I best not explain how.

spry??!! well some say so but both knees replaced 4 way by-pass and 3 hernias at this point. I been lucky though. They have not really slowed me down a lot. I do not think. I am liable to find out in a few weeks are less. My son has a job coming up maybe that is going to call for him replacing 1500sq ft of concrete decking in a large pool complex. I will help if he needs it. Then we will see how spry I am. Sandy have you ever had your soil tested. I am wondering about how high you nitrogen is. I know part of your hosta color is coming from the cooler climate but I know nitrogen will make the blues really come out.

I bought a new eletronic soil tester yeasterday that will tell me if the soil is lined up as far nutrients go as well as PH. Well folks I want you to hear how it tell you to obtain a "even more acurate reading" It tells you to git two cups of soil for your sample. Then you are to obtain a glass are plastic container. Then you are to take 2 cups of distiller water and put that in the container. THEN you add your sample with all the little debris taken out to the water in the container. Now lets stop and consider here consider here we got 50% water and 50% dirt. Now guess what the instruction tell you to do since it is important. ??? "COMPRESS FIRMLY. Yeah sure I can about pour it out of the glass. I do not think that is a true measurement of what takes place in the ground. the ground never gets that wet and it has small rocks and debris in it. When you add that much water to it you will get a higher reading because the water is leaching all the nitrogen out of the soil sample right them. Does not leach in the ground That fast I am sure. I am going to run my test tubes also. will get to the bottom of this.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
Will be interesting to see what it says.

Sandy,
You can continue to call him OC,,,doesn't bother me,,,and I only refer to Bill as OC every once in awhile,,,so keep on.

Kelly

Sterling, VA(Zone 6b)

Sorry to try and bring this thread back on topic, and I am not trying to spoil the party. There are probably 100 garden plants that are really popular (probably a lot more, but that number works). I would rather not have to visit 100 different forums. Do we really need a Viburnum forum, and a Dogwood forum, and a Camellia forum, and a Rhododendron forum and a Hydrangea forum and a Spirea, and a...well you get the idea.

I would rather have a place to talk and learn about shade garden plants. I would love to read about the common ones like ferns, hostas, astilbe, and heuchera, but also learn about new or lesser known plants. But maybe that is just me.

I understand Roses, since you have to be crazy to try and grow those things so it is best to isolate those people from the rest of us. ;-) The Hosta forum is about the only plant specific forum that I visit. Some of the others are on my "favorites" but they tend to not generate much traffic.

BTW, I just noticed that there is already a "Foliage Plants"...hmmm...I will have to add that to my favorites.

- Brent

It came down to normal and a PH of 7.5. After I just took a bunch of dirt put it in a plastic cup and wetted it to what the ground might be after a good rain. The low here tonight is suppose to be about 40 so I am going ot set up my big cast iron walking sprinkler and reall soak the whole upper yard. It will run all night. Lays fdown about 2 inches of rian on a pass. Then tomorrow i will turn it loose on the lower yard. I know we are suppose ot get some good rain but that is just that more to the good.

Kelly it is not that she feels funny about the old coot she is looking for a really nasty word to call me.

Central, WI(Zone 4a)

oz,
Believe me,,,,she'll come up with Something,,,,roflol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.