Dahlia trading...

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Maybe I am in the wrong forum, so please re direct me if I am... Meanwhile, if anyone has Dinner plate Dahlias in any color, i have limited seeds, cool new garden supplies and gloves, etc for trade, plus SASE... please let me know what things you want in trade for dahlia's with eyes and I will gladly send you some good trade items of your choice.
Thanks.

Megan

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Hi Megan,

Welcome to the dahlia forum. Unfortunately I have nothing to trade this year since my tubers rotted in storage. :^[

There have been some occasions when new members have ripped people off in trades or joined just to get free plants for postage. For that reason a lot of people on DG are cautious about trading with newcomers. So if you don't get any responses it might just be because you are so new. Or it could just be that everyone's tubers are spoken for.

You can also post on the plant trading forum - might find some people wanting to trade over there.

Just out of curiosity, since I have no tubers to trade LOL, what kind of cool new garden supplies do you have?

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

Okay, I understand... thank you for letting me know about the newbie thing. I think I have something worked out with someone else. Call me trustworthy, but I am sending her my stuff first and she will send me tubers afterwards. I just automatically offered to do it that way. She actually told me I could even send a SASE, but I like the trading idea better... I don't like to get something for nothing. Anyway, thank you again for writing back...

Megan

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Megan,

Candy,
Megan and I have been D-mailing each other about tubers.
You are right about the newbies and I have been there too. We all learn the hard way but do learn the right way to do things too.
I have offered to either trade or do postage with Megan. I have plenty of tubers so don't mind doing so.
I think we all - Dahlia lovers, may be just waiting to see too on how many tubers we shall have.
So Megan, don't worry, there will be others, I am quite sure to trade with. Just keep active here and all will be well.
Carol

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

That's great to hear, Carol. I know the dahlia people here are so very generous and I was a little concerned when I didn't see any replies. I didn't want Megan to think she was being ignored. I might have known you were busy welcoming her behind the scenes, so to speak. LOL Actually I think there must be an unwritten motto around here that no gardener shall go tuber-less.....we must addict them all. Hee hee

Brimfield, MA(Zone 5a)

LOL, NoH20. Thank you to you 2 nice Dahlia gals. I am just having so much here at Dave's with everything. You actually gave me a great idea about newbies Candy. I am going to post a Round Robin for newbies this morning. If it works, it would give us a chance to meet some other new people at DG and maybe end up enjoying the same forums, etc. Cross your fingers for me, I hope people are interested yikes!!!

Take care, god bless and enjoy your day.

Megan

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Sounds like a good idea, Megan. You will be surprised at how fast the time goes. Before you know it, you will be an old-timer here sharing your experience (and tubers!) with the new arrivals. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.