Early peas

Southern Mountains, GA(Zone 6b)

Yesterday going through my seed stash I found a package of Alaska peas from last year, unopened. Since the sun was out and it was in the mid-50's, I headed out and pulled back some mulch and sowed two short rows. It felt so great to have the hoe in my hand and sprinkle the seeds in the soil. I am hopeful they will do fine and if not, no great loss and at least some fresh air and exercise.

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

That sure sounds good to me. Of course today it is misty and yucky outside, so I can't follow your example. I really want to get something in the ground..... oh well. Hope you get lots of peas. Becky

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

I hold out till St. Paddy's Day, but you're right: it sure is tempting.

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'll wait and see what happens.
:-)

A brief update. Just over a month after I sowed them, the Alaska peas are finally showing tiny green tips. Hooray!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Yippee, Rosemary!!

Shenandoah Valley, VA(Zone 6b)

I love that! Enjoy!

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

planting something out doors is just a dream as we are expecting still another snow storm today.
got my seeds started indoors anyway.

Well, I am probably in dreamland but since it was 70' and sunny here yesterday I hope to plant some lettuce today if the rain holds off. Rooting for the peas, they have a long way to go. The birds are checking out the bird house real estate so Spring certainly seems to be on it's way.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

The peas should be fine, They will take temps in the low 20's. They will overwinter here most of the time.

Thanks Dill.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.