Cheap Martagon Lily

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

www.americanmeadows.com Has Martagon lilies for $ 2.97 .(Holland Grown) Dont know the size but American Meadows has a good rating on Watchdog.
Dennis

Corte Madera, CA

thanks, dennis.

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

Thanks Dennis! I fought the addiction for a few minutes and then placed my order. At 50% off I just couldn't control myself....What a great deal! Bev

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

Well, I'm about 30.00 dollars poorer, but I only bought two lilies. I got a bunch of the specialty bulbs for planters. If I'd known about this sale last week, I would of saved myself another 25.00!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Well,
I'm $40.00 poorer, but all the richer in wonderful lilies for my garden.

Thanks for the link Dennis!

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

What a great way to say it llilyfan! I like the way you think! : )

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Hey Bev, you like the way I think because you think the same way!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

$$$ spent, pleasure to be enjoy for years!!! I love this site. I don't remember all I ordered, but I went overboard, I know. Late night addiction, is not good!!! LOL I can't wait to get them in the ground and growing. Will have lots to share next year! Thanks, Dennis!
Janet

Corte Madera, CA

dennis, i wish i haven't spent my january allowance someplace else. i have to read until when the 50% off is good....

Fenton, MO(Zone 6b)

Hi
Received an email from American Meadows telling me their Martagon lilies for $ 2.97. Were small this year so there sending 2 bulbs for every bulb Purchased or a refund /sub. I took the bulbs of course!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

thanks for the reference - I just bought 7 bags (of 2). I saw these on a tv garden show and was wowed by them.

I have heard that they can take two to three years to get established.

Anyone here already growing them??? Info please....

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

We grow them in our flower beds at work - MAGNIFICENT plants!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Oh KayJones - please send pictures when they are blooming!!!!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Mine barely broke ground last year, but I expected that. I've seen them at lily shows and couldn't resist!

Columbia Heights, MN(Zone 4a)

I planted one two years ago. It made an appearance, but did not bloom last summer. Maybe this year.

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

OK - PLEEZE!!! I want to hear that someone actually bought the bulbs, they finally DID come up and they were very beautiful in their OWN yard.

1. bought (or traded OK)
2. came up (broke ground and appeared with leaves, even after two, three years)
3. bloomed (OK if even just one bloom)
4. own yard (not neighbor or rumor or photo of friend on web)

Anyone??? Pleeze!!!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

KayJones is excepted - but I want to know if you know when they were planted at your office?
TIA, Sterling

Lee's Summit, MO(Zone 6a)

I can't say when they were originally planted, but we put in a new parking lot and I moved them to a new bed two years ago. They never missed a beat!

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

That's good! Moving is supposed to be bad - sulking lilies and all that. So this is encouraging news. I saw a show on Rebecca's Garden where a fellow had a real wonderland of them. He bought a couple and then became a real collector. Fastastic display of many kinds. I've wanted some ever since.

Thanks!
Sterling

Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Set your vcr to record Rebecca' Gardens on HGTV, April 13, 2006 7:30 AM - there will be a segment on martagons where this fellow bought one and then became a real collector. He now has whole drifts of them. This is the show I saw and became so enamored of getting some.

It is episode 648

April 13, 2006 7:30 AM ET/PT
Mini-Crop Garden
Host Rebecca Kolls plants a pint-sized garden with petite little planters. Who wouldn't love these kid-sized veggies? Next, this artist inspired the birth of more than 100 new gardens in her lakeside Wisconsin community. Then, learn what makes this Japanese garden so special, and the design principles used to create it. If you have a shady spot that needs some color, why not try the martagon lily? It's a perfect perennial to grow in a shade garden.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.