Thursday, Jan 19

southeast, NE

Good afternoon everyone. Hope everyone is well and happy.

Weather has been unusually warm. Bite my tongue but we really could use some moisture. Just not in the form of a blizzard.

Ewes are due to start lambing this weekend. We're crossing fingers/praying that we have better luck than good friend of ours. He had 27 ewes abort in less than two weeks. Lambing pens have been set up. I ordered powdered colustrum from Mid-States Livestock. Towels and bottles are ready if we need them, etc.

Two goats had set of triplets and one goat had a set of twins. The other goat had set of dead triplets. Joe is milking her. He has hard time catching her but once she is on the milk stand, she is an easy milker. He wants me to stop and get some sugar cubes to see if he can bribe her.

We hauled cows home last weekend. They had been on corn stalks about 4 miles from our house. Nice to have them home. First heifer is due to calf next week We sold three open cows - brought good money for old cows @ .53 a lb.

Better get back to work - just thought I should start a thread to see how everyone is doing.

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!