Pomegranate Bonsai

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Hello Bonsai lovers,
I love bonsai trees and try to make it.I have made a beautifull Pomegranate tree successfully but after a week the tree become completly dry and i lost a beautifull tree.Now i am sharing its Photo.Any tips for me that what reason for dry this one.I love bonsai trees,but here in my country no one work on this technique.
Thanks
Yasir

Thumbnail by cactus_lover
Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

I do not know about bonsai but one thing is very important for pomegranate, do not let dry, the soil need to be moist all the time otherwise you will have to be very lucky to resuscitate your tree.

Inglis, FL(Zone 9a)

Hello, Yasir...
I have several Pomegranates and all of them are doing well. First, how long did you have the tree before it dried up? It is possible, if it happened shortly after you got it, that you got a diseased tree. If not, some things to remember about Pomegranates: Never let them dry out completely! But, also, do not keep them soaked all the time. They are from areas in Iran so are used to a rather loose soil. They also like high humidity so mist them two or three times a day. It helps to keep them on a humidity tray where the pot is out of the water but it helps to keep the humidity high.
On the computer, do a search for Dwarf Pomegranates and it should give you some web sites where you can find more detailed information.

FSD, Pakistan(Zone 10b)

Hello CeeBCross,
thank you very much for your information about Pomegranates.
I will try to do the right care on my next attempt.
Thanks Again,
Yasir

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.