July 10

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Good morning everyone. Another hot day comming up here, it was yesterday too, 96* I think. I tried to find things do do in the house and kept the outdoor stuff in short stretches. Among other things I washed saddle pads and leg wraps in my old wringer washer. It is kept in the gardening shed, filled with the hose, emptied by gravity. I soaked some more pea seeds and got them planted in 4 pack pots. After they germinate in my cool basement I will set them out with snow fence for shade. I still have an empty spot in the vegie garden for them. One year I tried planting them in a shaded spot but the soil was too warm by July and they didn't germinate. We are enjoying the ones I planted in April but the hot weather has about finished them off, one more picking and I will pull them up and feed the vines to the horses. The strawberry patch has shut down for a while, the rain last week made the ripe ones mushy and the bugs moved in. They always take a break and then produce another pretty good crop. I see a few raspberries are ripe, hope I get enough to do something with before the wasps get sugar hungry and take them over. Hubby started swathing another field of hay yesterday but had a breakdown. Gotta get busy, you all have a good day and count your blessings.

This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!