FlowerScent Gardens is back!!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

YIPPEEE!!!
Glen has his website up again!! I am off to order- Lord help me!

Ooops, here's the link: http://www.flowerscentgardens.com/

This message was edited Jan 17, 2006 2:57 PM

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Wow, that's almost too much to take in all at once. Good thing he doesn't have smell-o-vision!

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I was looking for one plant's seeds and found it nowere but in Australia before getting to know this place!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Just spent way too much on this site...thanks (I think...LOL) Berrygirl! Can't wait to get the seeds as well as the plants..I was looking for FRAGRANCE this year!
Janet

p.s. did you get your calla seeds started?

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Janet,
Hi neighbor. It's very good to hear from you! Hope all is well with you.
Too bad you didn't get in on our fragrant seed RR. But I am sure there'll be lots of trading going on here at this forum for fragrant seeds and plants!
Were you asking me- or someone else- about calla seeds? The reason I asked is b/c I don't have any.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zarcanat,
I am dying to know what seeds you found! Isn't it so fun when you finally found something that has eluded you?

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Just to tease you, its a nicotiana specie ;-))

Ok, its N. suaveolens

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

The Australian tobacco? I ordered that one too! I had never heard of it, but the description- that it was bushy- really intrigued me. Have you grown it before? I can't wait to smell it.

surfside beach, SC(Zone 8b)

Just placed my order for plants and seeds.

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

First time growing it, the size was the main issue, otherwise I would have taken N. sylvestris or N. alata. Its my very first time with tobaco, I don't even know when to start them LOL!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Sorry, I was thinking I sent you some seed last Fall. BUT it was another Georgia Girl...I may have some if you would like some though...LOL

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I ordered the Nicotiana alata, and I think at least one package of all but two of the rest of the seed types. PLUS plants...CRAZY....ADDICTED....you name this disease we call GARDENING...LOL I have a kazillion seed I still haven't planted! What a great way to be crazy though...
Janet

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Oh my, I should never have gone to that site! I see a clematis and a rose I just have to have! I knew that 0 balance on my credit card wouldn't last long!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!! I know exactly what you mean.

Berrygirl
You are *soooo bad*. Now look what you've done by posting that site. LOL You're suppose to be *our* friend! LOL LOL
... elaine

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

elaine,
I am no one's friend- I'm an evil drug pusher.......Just getting everyone else addicted to my fave drug- fragrant flowers!! LOL!!

Montreal, QC(Zone 4b)

Oh then I love drugs too! LOL!

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Well, I should have plenty to share when they arrive...I can't possibly "use" all of the seed I have...I will have to start planting in my neighbors yards on the sly....LOL

Germantown, MD(Zone 7a)

I just place an additional order. Glenn has sold out of one of the iris I want, "Iris Scent Opals". :-(

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

berry girl..this site will surely get me goin' back to work to earn flower $$$...I have to have that blue butterfly bush. Elaine in Lizella

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Elaine,
Which blue butterfly bush are you looking for? I have several babies, from one I have had for four years...
Janet

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Janet,, it was Ellen's Blue.... I guess you have yellow and purple ...I just cut my yellow one back and put cuttings in water...can't stand to just throw away. attracts my hummers & butterflies - anyway..I need to go over and list some of my plants on trade list. (new at this) thanks, Elaine (in Lizella)

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

Not sure of the name of mine...here is a picture...

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

That is the mother bush...lol...here is a closer picture of the bloom....

Thumbnail by JanetS
Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

here is a picture of the one you are looking for stitched with the one I have...do you think they are the same?

Thumbnail by JanetS
Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Hi Janet... looks like same one to me. I'm not an expert.. I have a yellow, white, and purple. My butterflies & hummers love them (that's why I want another) do these ship bareroot? Thanks for showing me those together..lol2

This message was edited Jan 29, 2006 9:47 PM

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I would think they would do fine barerooted. They are so hardy and very easily rooted from cuttings as well. I have had some root in spring, as well as in the fall. I have a pink one that should be large enough this year to root some cuttings, and a very dark purple one as well...I have new ones called "Honeycomb" that are yellow as well as some others, I will check to see the names...if they grow well once in the garden I will be happy to root some of these for you too. I don't think I have a white one unless one of my new ones is a white...anyway...just give your addy and I will try to get it out to you this week. I have a few other trades I need to work on as well, so I can get to the PO just one time. Where is Lizella Georgia?
Janet

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Lizella is outside of Macon, towards Columbus..I would be glad to send you postage.. any of those cuttings..would love..The white one I have is veryyy slow growing. Probably because it gets only morning sun. I will prune some and try to root & grow in a different place.. will let you know.. my address is Elaine Flanagan, 204 Sweetwater Ct. Lizella, GA...

Braselton, GA(Zone 7b)

I take cuttings so that I will have a stem with two forked branches coming off of it...make the stem at least 6" prefer 8" myself...then just stick into the ground where you want it to grow....all the way down to where the forked piece in just under the soil...hope they grow!
I will get you some out this week...
Janet

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

thanks for the tip. Elaine

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.