My new GH is done

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

With the exception of the door it is done and it was completed fore less than 300.00 in m,aterials. it is hurricane proof, attached to my garage. My neighbor is a carpenter and did it as a favor.(no Labor) I AM EXTACTIC
Sandy
forgot to mention..it is 12 x 16 nad I'm sure that I will be enlarging next year. my theory was to do what I could with what i had and add on later. I am very fortunate to have so many wonderful and helpful people in my life
sandy

This message was edited Tuesday, Jul 10th 7:38 AM

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

Wow!!!That sounds like a good deal. Wish I had a neighbor like that. My idea for a green house is to come off of our garage somehow also. When you get some pics would you please share them. Good luck and hopefully you wont have to see if it really is hurricane proof...lol

OMG you're sooo lucky'''I don't have a garage but am considering attaching to our back porch and designing a simple greenhouse' As I always say Sandy"another Angel in disguise",really''Thank you for sharing,thrilled for you''Sis''Zone5(NE KS.)

Macclesfield, CHESHIRE(Zone 8a)

Hi Sandy,

Thats great news - post a photo sometime. Hope the new plants come up as quick.

El Tel

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Sandy, I'm tickled right down to my toes for you, my friend! My hubby says that a GH is in order for my Christmas Present this year, as I have been a very good girl......except for my garden and computer addiction.....hee hee...But then that's another forum.

Luv Ya
{{{{Jerrie}}}}

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I wish I could post pics but am unable to figure out how...even with help...I never gave up on getting my GH and sooner or later I will figure out how to post pics
Sandy
p.s. I've been so excited, that even in this heat, I [profanity removed] near sleep in it.
S

Fulton, MS(Zone 7a)

I am green with envy.LOL Glad you got it up. You look in market growers forum for supplies? They would know where a lot of different places to buy. Mellingers lets you buy in smaller quanties but not as cheap as bigger ones. Lucky greenhouse owner lol
laylarose

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Thanks all...i'm so happy, that i still walk around in a daze and just stand and look at it and grin(ear to ear),,that is those rare moments when i'm not finding seeds to start and things to transplant and organizing and this and that
sandy

South of Boston, MA(Zone 5a)

Sandy,
I am excited for you, just from reading your notes. I love my greenhouse too! Is yours heated? I am also in zone 5 - don't know if I'm 5b.
rhapsody

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi Rhapsody,
Thanks...no, it is not heated yet, but it will be, I have several different ideasd and i was getting ready to post for some feedback, but my first and foremost plan was to take my containers of gas for my grill and buy the camping heaters that they make for them. I have been told that they kick out a good bit of heat and fairly economically. I was also going to insulate with bubble wrap when i find where to buy it reasonably
sandy
any ideas...i also have elec. space heaters, but they can be costly to run. If push comes to shove and i can't keep it warm enough, i am also going to add about 6 more lights to my 16 x 16 beasement grow room(already has 4-8foot light)

[ Removed by member request. - Admin ]

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

I can't sleep in it....only because I have 7 dogs and they sleep where i sleep. that is the only reason that i didn't. I sure wasn't gonna let those big labador tails do any damage

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Sandy, do you have plans you could share with me for this??

Port Huron, MI(Zone 5b)

Hi tiG..the best i could do is draw a pic..or ask the guy who built it to draw a plan, he just kinda looked at the wood, asked me what i wanted and went to cuttnig wood, and nailing, and next thing i knew..viola..a greenhouse. Cliff is really good at carpentry and there were no plans or anything..just conversation..and then...like i said...viola ..a greenhouse
sandy

seriously though...email me and if you want plans i will have him draw them up.he did do an excellent job, and it was like i said

This message was edited Friday, Jul 20th 11:09 AM

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Sandy, YOu are soooooooooooo LUCKY!!! I need one for myself!!!! Hopefully soon! I am happy for you! * SMILE*
Tricia (MiniSchnuz)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.