Favorite bathroom cleaner?

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I really like the "Comet" bathroom cleaner, although I don't like the fumes. But we have very hard water, so it's necessary to use some heavy-duty products to counteract the stains and deposits that build up. I alternate between using Comet to clean everything, and a spray bottle with bleach for the mildew spots in the corners. (And every day, we use the daily shower cleaning products.)

I've tried several enviromentally-friendly(ier) products that are supposedly as effective as the more caustic stuff - but they just didn't work as well. (And it's not just the psychology of a clean "smell" to the room either - I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and it didn't take off the hard water stains.)

Anyone else have a favorite bathroom cleaner? One that might not force me to hold my breath for several minutes while I clean the shower stalls?

This thread has 151 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!