Welcome Rosella McNeal From N.C.

Lincoln Park, MI(Zone 5a)

I would like to give a welcome to Rosella..You will have lottsa fun here..!!I know I do..!

Loretta...

Caistor, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Welcome from soggy California!!! I too am a newbee and this is a very informative place and everyone is so patient with silly questions. The pictures are too die for and I've developed a new passion...Brugs.. Again Welcome ...Lauri

Tulsa, OK(Zone 7a)

welcome yes jump in so much to explore here...

Twyla

Millers Creek, NC

Thanks for the nice welcome!!I am sure I will enjoy this site

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hello from freezing upstate new york.

Hi Rosella I hope your having fun.!Lotsa nice people here and so many beautiful gardens..!

Loretta..

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Welcome Rosella, Loretta, and Laurie. Jump in and have fun.

Loretta my hands still look like men hands, because they are. lol

Hi Georgiaredclay..I thought you forgave me?At least that's what you told me..We sure are having fun here..Seeing alot of flowers we just gotta have...Do your post yours here?Lets us know where if you do..I remember you have lotsa beautiful flowers...Do you grow Brugs.?That's our new passion,but was told it really is habit forming one ain't enough..

Loretta..

Thanks Georgiaredclay, There are pictures of your gardens?? Where? I too love the brugs and have 2 on back order now. ..
Lauri

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

To see post that some one has made put the pointer on their name and click and it will take you to their home page and then it is a link where you can see the post they have started. Yes to answer your question I do have brugs and just potted up some that I rooted in a bubbler this week. I will put ya'll name on one and get it to you this spring. If it ever gets here. Loretta I didn't say I didn't forgive you I just wanted you to know it was me.
Jim

..HI Jim I knew you understood I was just joking.That Is really nice of you to offer us the Brug..I'm sure we will be bugging you with lotsa questions,but not too much,I hope...TIA ;o)

Loretta...

Oh Jim, Thank you!!! That is so sweet of you. I warned my hubby that the house may look like a jungle next winter if the brugs take off and he just rolled his eyes and said O.K. I think. Let me know and I'll get ya postage for the brug.....Lauri

I wonder where Rosie's at?We need her to post some of her flowers and you too Lauri..! ;o)))

Loretta...

Millers Creek, NC

Hey everyone,I'm still trying to find my way around the site,sometimes I get really lost,LOL,nothing new there!!

Hey Rosie... I get lost too..Lauri's already a pro here and gets around good..:o)))

Loretta..

Hey Rosie and Loretta, I don't know about being a pro as I get lost too. Really it's sidetracked reading one thing when I was looking for something else :o)). LOL They need to post a warning for newbe's stating this site WILL become addicitve...Lauri

Same here Lauri,but I sure am learning and everyone is really helpful..I have been really doing alot of ordering have you?? :o))

Loretta...

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

A late Welcome to you Loretta! Sounds like your having fun.. I know this place gave my life joy it hasn't had for a very long time.

I too got the "brugmania" I got my first cuttings from a generous DG member (Thank you Annapet) and that was all it took.. I'm hopeless now.

Looking at all the awesome brug blooms makes my knees weak.. I can't wait for spring!

Here is my first purchase..

Thumbnail by ZZsBabiez

Wow ZZ I really like that one It's pretty just with the leaves...I heard this is an addiction,ahh but what a great one to have..Could you tell me what you used for rooting that I'm really confused on what to use??.I'm so excited for you,will you keep showing pictures to update us on your baby??The only thing I'm worried about is I was told it gets all kinds of bugs..What do you put in your soil to stop that?I guess I asked enough questions for today,but I'll be back..LOL.. :o)))
I forgot thanks for the welcome..!
Loretta

Edited because I can't spell...

This message was edited Jan 20, 2006 10:04 PM

Hi Loretta, I've been ordering too much and my wallet screamed when I was just looking :o)))) so I have to be good for a bit. Love your new baby ZZ it's sure pretty, what color is it going to be?? Lauri

I know what you mean Lauri,there's just too much to want...Did you spend all your rainy day money?I know I did and Springs not even here yet..LOL..But I'm still having fun.. :o)))

Loretta..

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi Loretta,
Sorry it took me so long to get back.. had a BUSY day.. but it was beautiful outside today.
This one is Maya. You can go to Plant Files and click on the drop down box to brugmansias, then you can go to "M" to see Maya. Kell has a huge one in full bloom.. I printed the picture cause I love it. I didn't have to root this one, it came with an established root system. I have read that Maya can be hard to root, I didn't want to take the chance on just a cutting..
With the cuttings I have, I have used different methods. I built the bubbler like in the post below, and used it, but I didn't have the patience to not be able to see through it. I like to just use a clear glass so I can see the lil white nubbies form then roots. (OR heaven forbid, anything bad happening, I can catch it early) If there are any roots at all, I put them in soil.. I like to see what's goin on, but personally, it's worked out good like that so far for me.
Here are some really helpful threads I've read.
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/367693/
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/557919/
http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/562187/

Lauri, it will be a very pale peachy creamy color... My fav.. peach/salmon/apricot and of course pink. I can't wait.. it's so hard to be patient. At least I don't feel like the only newbie now. You 2 help the situation a lot. I know how you both feel for sure.

And by the way.. I think I already spent 2006's Christmas money! LOL

Hi ZZ
Thanks for posting all the sites,lots to learn that's for sure...I have to keep mine in a pot when I get one so I wanna make sure it's the right kind of soil.What do you use?I know I will be just as you are,worrying about that baby..LOL..:o)))

Loretta...

Millers Creek, NC

There is just so much to see and read here!!Gosh I could spend an entire day here and not get through half of the info and pics.

Hi Rosie ...I know what you mean,but it is a great learning place..If I feel like I'm gonna ask a stupid question I just look around the different forums and find my answer..Are you still having fun tho..!! ;o)))

Loretta...

Millers Creek, NC

Hi Jim, Yes I would love to have one of your brugs.I am just learning about them myself.They such unusual plants,I just love them. I will send you my address in a D-mail,will also be glad to pay shipping and any other charges for the plants.

Hey Rosie is'nt Dave's a neat place?I get lost here too but I'm learning..! ;o)))

Loretta...

Millers Creek, NC

Hi Loretta,Yes it is a lot of fun,so many nice friendly,helpful people.I know we are going to enjoy this site soooo much!

Rosie they have a Brug.forum here that's really interesting you might wanna check it out..Lots to learn about those babies..! ;o))

Loretta..

Millers Creek, NC

Oh I know,I have been reading some of the posts on the forum.I can't wait to try brugs this spring!!I would love to have some of every color!!Man those babies are addictive!!

They sure are our new addition and addiction..Your lucky tho you don't have to bring them in the house you can plant them in the ground.. :o))

Loretta...

LOL Rosie and Loretta, our son is already calling his bedroom..That Brug room....He laughed and asked if one of these Brugs is going to be the christmas tree....Lauri

Millers Creek, NC

Lauri, Now that is what I call funny!! LOL a Brug Christmas tree!! You could put lights in the trumpets!!

Hey Rosie did you and Lauri get lost??I have'nt seen you post..

Loretta..

Hey Rosie you still having fun here at Dave's???

Loretta...

Millers Creek, NC

Hi Loretta, Yes, I'm still enjoying being here at Daves. I'm getting the hang of this site,and meeting lots of very nice new gardening friends here.

I'm sure learning alot from all the gardeners here and seeing all kinds of new plants to add to my wish list...That's a good thing if only I can find them all,is another thing...!! :o)))

Loretta...

Millers Creek, NC

Oh yes, I know what you mean. My wish list gets longer everytime I come over here. Now yes,where do we find them all?? And how do we pay for them?? Thats a bigger question, I still haven't gotten old enough for my wants,not to hurt me. Plant deprivation is awful painful!! Ouch!!

Ouch is right,but it so much fun to add to our wish list...That's like saying I want of does,dem and dat..!! :o)))

Loretta..

Millers Creek, NC

Every year I say I'm not going to add more plants to my gardens! But that is like saying I'm going to quit eating. Gotta feed the body veggies and the spirit,flowers!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.