Soybean - Disoy

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

I love edamame, and I bought a packet of Disoy today. Does anyone have any experience growing soybeans? I've never inoculated anything before. Do I need to use soy inoculant or would regular bean inoculant do? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Cindy

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I am not familiar with that particular cultivar, but If I used an inoculant, I would use the regular bean type. Basicly they can can planted like the small bush limas, but they take a long season. Three months minimum. I am assuming that your cultivar is one of the edible types. The field types won't kill you, but the flavor is way too strong for most folks. Have fun, They are very easy to grow, just follow the directions, and don't get too complicated.

Ijamsville, MD(Zone 6b)

I have not grown this cultivar but I have grown lots of soybeans/Edamame (Tohya & Envy) mostly. I don't innoculate any of them. The innoculate I had said not for soybeans, so I never used one on the soybeans, no problem with germination in cell packs.

Watch for groundhogs when you plant out!
-Kim

Saint Petersburg, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks, Farmerdill and Kim.

I bought this one because it was the only soybean packet I have found locally. I hadn't read about Disoy when I bought it, but I hoped finding it locally might bode well for it growing in Florida, though you never know.

The packet is from Ferry Morse. I can't find much on the cultivar, except that it is one of those recommended on a page at the University of Florida, also by Clemson in South Carolina, and by organicgardening.com (which said it is high in calcium and fiber), all of which are good signs, I guess.

So then I will just follow the directions on the packet. Thanks again!

Cindy

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8b)

I don't inoculate either. Easy to grow. I make several succession plantings, since they mature all at once.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.