***NEWS FLASH***

A brand spankin new Lowes opened up about 15 minutes away from me. I was at their front door when they opened and I dashed for the plant department. Oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, I can't wait for new cartons to arrive. I hovered over the guy while he was opening boxes and plucked a Hoya compacta right out of the box while he was standing there. He laughed. No CPs yet but I am told they will be receiving shipments of Neps very soon as well as some other goodies! This old man is going to become my friend... I can just sense these things. All of the Franks Nursery and Crafts in this area shut down for good last year. I've been all dressed up with credit card in hand with no where to go in the dead of winter for a plant fix for a year now. This new store should give me a mid winter "fix" and put my DTs at bay for a bit. I may not be able to receive any shipped plants right about now but I can certainly go to a garden center and buy a few to take home. Ya hoooooooooooooooo! Yippee Kayai or however you spell that. I've been waiting for that store to open up for a while because of the odd ball carnivorous plants they offer for sale there from time to time.

This is great news for you!!! The only Nepenthes my Lowes has had have been in those little terrariums they generally sell flytraps in, but I know we don't get everything so you might get stuff we don't.
Here's the photo that I was going to put on your basement thread, but since I got this at Lowes it's just as good here. I picked this up at Lowes yesterday for about 40$ after tax. I really like the cover. It zips up both sides in the front, then there is velcro to hold it in place while you place plants, etc.
No tools needed to put it together and it will be easy to take down to store for the summer. I'm using it as a greenhouse 'extension' because all the plants I was storing in there for the winter just to protect them from frost were taking up too much room. I had no room for my seeds. Everything that can tolerate temps just under freezing, but that I want to protect from frost, went into this unit, including all my hardy cps. Since it's snuggled up next to the greenhouse and in full sun (as though we ever get any sun) everything should be quite happy there. Definitely worth the $$. Maybe your Lowes will get them!

I nnn nnn nneeeeeeded a Nep fix from Lowes and I dddddidn't ggggget one. Their boxes are all unpacked for today and when I called back I specifically asked for anything carnivorous and I was out of luck for this week.

Say! Where's your picture?

Well, darn! I don't know where the picture is in the above post, but here it is now, I hope.
Let me know if your Lowes get carnivorous plants is sizes larger than the little plastic boxes. If you do and I don't, I can squeal convincingly at the local store.

Thumbnail by

I've gone over their twice now and no Neps for my kid. If I ever run across one, I'll post a photo of the size for you so you can squeal away with glee!

I gotta tell ya, the Lowes here carry nothing carnivorous except the little tiny plants in plastic domes. I hope yours can do better.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.