Interested in a Fragrant RR?

(Zone 7a)

BG, is it okay to ask the name of the company?

I had good seed crops of oriental lily and tall, mixed sweet william this past summer - why don't I send them to you to help start off the box? My problem is that I can't get to the post office for a couple of weeks - DH is having surgery on Monday (not major).

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Carol and Elaine,
thanks for the support- I appreciate it.

Blue,
Thanks for the very kind offer. I think once I get the other order in it'll be OK. I am expecting it any day now. Hopefully by the time the RR reaches you, your routine will be back to normal. If not I can have it mailed to Shirley first and maybe she can get it to you. Either way, we will work around your special case, because I want you in this RR- LOL!
I'd rather not mention the seed co's name as I don't want to start a controversy here.

Tell DH he is in our thoughts and prayers and of course you are too!

Lilburn, GA

Berry, don't worry. I am having problems findin any seeds at the moment. HD and Lowes don't have them for sale.

Good news is: I am waiting for a catalogues from England that will arrive next week. So, I have to wait a bit for my seeds to come. We still have the end of winter and srping to come!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I have saw full seed racks at the Home Depot at Hamilton Mill[Duluth]. I'll bet Wal-Mart and K-mart has them out- or will very soon.

That sounds sooo exciting- seeds from England!

Lilburn, GA

I went to HD on Friday looking for seeds. Nothing. Even the local garden center (Pikes) is completely empty of seeds. :o(

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Gee Spider, I am sorry to hear that- and a bit puzzled. I had also saw a display of jiffy pots recently at Wal-mart but didnt venture further into the gardening dept to look for seeds- well DH wouldn't let me-LOL! Usually when you see jiffys you have seeds nearby. You might try calling the stores and making a complaint and ask them to please put out their seed displays. Tell them you'll come shop when they get them in and spend mucho $$$ LOL!

Don't worry about the RR yet. I myself am waiting on another seed order and so are a couple more folks. You are near the end of the route anyway so it'll be a couple of weeks [or more] before it gets to you.

I am going to post [in a few days] and ask everyone if they are ready before I start the RR.

Good luck!!

Decatur, GA(Zone 7a)

I don't think we have to worry. Aren't us Georgia Peaches near the end of the robin anyway? There should be plenty in 2-3 weeks.

Pleasureville, KY(Zone 6a)

Placed an order from Fragrant Gardens last night. I will be ready when those seeds arrive.

Lilburn, GA

Fragrant gardens??? that sounds good... Coud I have the website address, please?

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I just checked them out myself. http://www.fragrantgarden.com/index.htm Apparently they specialize in sweet peas, which don't do well for me anyway with our heat here....... :(

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Spider,
This is a good place to order from: http://www.flowerscentgardens.com/ I am waiting on an order from here and I'll be good to go with the RR.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Spider,
I went to Wal-Mart today. ALL their seeds are out and of course it being early yet, they have a GREAT selection.
Among the fragrants I saw were: herbs, sweet peas, petunias, 4 o'clocks, moonflower, carnations, sweet alyssum and sweet william. There was a section of a Burpee display labeled Heirlooms but I couldn't get to it b/c they had a portable dumpster in the way. I'm sure there were some
good ones on it........ :(

This message was edited Jan 23, 2006 4:30 PM

BerryGirl
I, too, am finding seeds at WM, HD and even at our local Dollar Store. :)
... Elaine

Lilburn, GA

Back to Walmart then!!! :o) :o) :o)

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

Some of you know that I love the fragrant plants. I just wanted to say that I would be joining in on this but I have already committed to another RR and this is my first time so I don't want to bite off more than I can chew. I will join up on the next one.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

You had better- LOL!

Albany, OR(Zone 8a)

I am doing two RR so I think you could do 2 too, ansonfan.
I don't think it is a big deal, just have a few more packages of seed ready to go.
Carol

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

Im with Carol on this one! I think quite a few of us are doing Momcats RR as well as Berrygirls'.

I really don't know what gets me more excited getting seeds or getting goodies in the mail?! I really do need to get out more! lol!

Yeah, but she's just gonna have to do another one cause I'm already in 2. Couldn't go with 3. ;) LOL
... elaine

Polkton, NC(Zone 7b)

OK, OK, OK, count my in!! I guess I was just a little hesitant because I haven't even taken part in a RR before, but if ya'll say its not so bad I believe you.

Well?

Where do I sign up?

Lilburn, GA

Finally i found some seeds yesterday. not at my local GC. It was still empty but at HD.

(Zone 7a)

Berrygirl started a Fragrant RR II:

http://davesgarden.com/forums/t/570524/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.