Putting face to the names

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Here is a picture of my husband Chris and I at the snowflake ball.
I work with mentally challenged adults and this is their prom.
We have one each year.
The lady sitting next to me is one of our clients.
I thought it would be nice to put a face to some of the names!

Thumbnail by Chris_Lorry
Missouri City, TX(Zone 9a)

Oh my gosh, you are both so cute! Really both of you are very attractive!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Me at an African violet Show ! Ladies behind me I had met on line from The Brats group and met them in person for the first time at out show. I forget where they drove from. To separate areas though.

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Here's me just a few years ago at my oldest Son's home. I then could walk with braces and walker, on breathing machine but very weak. Should have seen me a couple years before I got sick, I was so healthhy on top of the World. :)) My Son's yard if full of blooms , plants, gardens, food gardens everyone loves to garden !

This message was edited Jan 11, 2006 1:57 PM

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Awh ...you are too sweet April!
Allison..You have the most attractive smile I have seen in a long time..it is addicitve!

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

Thank you Jill. I just had to post this picture again. We did not know we were going to be on the front cover and inside sotry more Pics of the Hospice 2006 magazine. We are in the Calender too ! But a different picture. It was fun ! Precious is with me all the time.

Thumbnail by Allison_FL
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

What a great idea! I was just thinking we needed a thread like this -- with a link in the sticky! I must get DH to take a photo of me with my AVs....

Meanwhile, here's a picture of both of us from on our 6th Anniversary -- in Hawaii! -- spring of 2004.

edited because begonia has a good point!! LOL! This is a photo of Jill & Jim, aka critter & DH!

This message was edited Jan 11, 2006 4:40 PM

Thumbnail by critterologist
Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

I love it! I think it would be good to put our first names too.

Laurie (or Lali, I go by both)

(most recent photo of my self and my FAVORITE daughter Kara, October 2005 at a wedding in KY)

p.s. will sticky

(this is pretty cool, the Brug forum has one too)

edited to add that my nickname is Lali since I might be confusing some folks.

This message was edited Jan 12, 2006 8:14 AM

Thumbnail by begoniacrazii
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

i told you Lorry was pretty ...and look at that lucky buggar Chris....lol...great pic....most recent pic i have is one taken at the gym and i don't want to scare you guys....roflmbbo...

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

wow..look at you guys...you are all so pretty and handsome.....quick LORRY>..take my pic....he he....(to be seen next week)...lol

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Allison...you are beautiful and look at your twinkling eyes and smile...Wow...that's so great...and yuor precious reminds me of what my Dachshund was like....thanks for sharing everyone..

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

ok this is me from last year....we'll get a more up to date one on next week...

Thumbnail by junglebob

Allison, look at all that hair you had! Wow.
Everybody is so nice looking, not a dog among us!
I will have to have the kids take a picture of me, the only ones I have now are 3 or 4 years old and boy I wish I looked that good now...time marches on but here it is. I was taking a photo for an "on line" class reunion so that would have been in 2003- compared to then I look like I have been ridden hard and put away wet! LOL

Thumbnail by aprilwillis
Denver, CO

Those are great pictures of people who are nice on the eyes. Now where are the real pictures?
This is a good idea for those visually-oriented folks such as myself. Just a touch closer to knowing eachother in the 'Real world,' eh?

My favorite pesticidal maniac and I. This Nicotiana sylvestris continually attracted gnats- and killed them. Amazing.
Kenton the Midnight Gardener.

Thumbnail by ineedacupoftea
Frederick, MD(Zone 6b)

LOL at photo in the mirror, April -- If DH won't snap a photo of me with some AVs, I'll just grab an armload of them and take a picture in the bathroom mirror! You'll have to post a more current photo here... if you do, I will too! :-) Actually, I didn't realize until I started looking that I don't have many photos that include me, since I'm usually the one behind the lens.

Kenton, that's a great photo... what a cool plant, too! I started some N. sylvestris seeds last year, but I don't think any of the seedlings made it to the end of summer.... I had no idea they got that large, though! Wow!

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

kenton..cool pic and the nicotiana....do i remember re;ated to 4'oclocks?

Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

HA! This is great, you guys!!! Nice to put faces with names. And like April said ....tain't a dog among us! =)
Here's me just this past Christmas in (where else) the kitchen. My hubby and I have SIX DAUGHTERS between us (ages 16-23) so I spent alot of time baking cookies and keeping the troups fed.
Com'on the rest of you.....don't be shy!

Thumbnail by BetsyJ
Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

betsy..wow..you look great...and tht great smile....these are great pics everyone

Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

theres no one here to take a picture of me so I did it my self.LOL---jannich=Jan

Thumbnail by jannich
Andalusia, AL(Zone 8b)

OH Dear!!! I really do look better in person.LOL....

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

jannich..that's a very good self pic...and you look very pretty...we sure have some lookers in this gorup...lol

Northern California, CA(Zone 9a)

Critter, ANYTIME you want N. sylvestris babies, I'm more than happy to oblige. It's a weed here! I have a bowl full of seeds if you want to try some I'll send them along, dmail me your addy.

I'm loving the photos, keep em coming!

Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

Yeah, Jan - that's pretty good for a self photo. You are very pretty too! (And noooo, I'm NOT hitting on you!) hahaha

Denver, CO

Bob; Nicotiana is in Solanaceae, nightshade family, and Miriabilis (4'o'clock) is in nyctaginaceae. Their similarities: Both have anti-bug qualities, reseed, rebloom, love sun, a bit drought-toerant, smell nice...

Nice to see you in the forums again, Betsy. How are those violets? I recall the tragedy way back...

Lali, these pictures would be a great addition to a sticky.

Now who's left unpictured?

Betsy are you sure you have kids 23 yr/old?
You don't look like it.

I have 3 daughters, 27, 18, & 16- my 16 yr/old says I can no longer say I am 32 because my oldest is 27! Oh well.

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Okay, here's a pic of me taken by my hubby this evening.

Deb

Thumbnail by Debsroots

deb
You look great too! It must be the AVs that keep us all looking so beautiful!
Are the pointsettias behind you real?

Northwest, MO(Zone 5a)

Yep the pointsettia is real...I picked it up right after Thanksgiving...and it is still going strong.

Deb

Dunedin, FL(Zone 10b)

You all look so young ! You too Bob :))
I have three children ages 22 yrs, 28 and 30 years old.
And the 28 and 30 in March and May will be 29 and 31 years old . Oh my :))
No one ever believed they were mine ! I started young !

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

OK it has to be said...HANDSOME group of AV Geeks here :)
Hubby is in total agreement too!

Silver Spring, MD

What a wonderful way to start the day. You all look great. Meet the oldest needle in the thread. You guys made my day. Thanks.

Thumbnail by nannanavarro
Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

We must be the best-looking bunch on DG! Great pictures everyone.
Yes, trust me, April...I'M SUUURE I HAVE KIDS THAT OLD! I've got the wrinkles to prove it! ha ha. Actually, my oldest TWO are 23....twins. Then my oldest step-daughter is 21, youngest step-daughter 18, my #3 daughter is 17....and my baby turns 16 in 2 weeks. All girls. I live in "The House of Hormones". GAAAAAAH! And my poor husband.....lives among 7 women & even our DOG and our CAT are female!!
Hi James! Thanks for asking about the violets (yes what a tragedy). Things are slowly working their way back. I am just so thankful I had violets in two different rooms and hadn't mingled them. My hubby thinks I STIIIIIIILL have too many! ha ha

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

kenton..4 oclocks really pepper family right?

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

Nanna you look pretty young to me...I think i may be the oldest "teenager" at 71...lol

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

allison...well i may look older in pic i'll have Lorry take monday..lol....i don't have enough sense to act or look old.....i tell everyone at the gym..."we;re getting too young for this nonsense:....roflmbbo

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

ROFLMBBO...means....rolling on floor laughing my bum bum off......(kids of friend fell down and said...MOMMY I HURT MY BUM BUM...so we all started saying ROFLMBBO)...he he

Mt Zion, IL(Zone 5b)

Nanna & Bob - - you're BOTH young! ;0)

Vero Beach, FL(Zone 9b)

Bob ..I didn't even give you 60 never mind 70! You look incredible!
We sure will take lots of photos on monday.
We are going to Fairchild gardens so will have lots of exciting pictures to share! And of course I will sneak in some pictures of Bob :)

Palm Bay, FL(Zone 9b)

roflmbbo...it will be exciting for me to go with you guys....it is one of the premier gardens in the world.....i'll wear my plumeria shirt....suppose to be near 80....so will have good temps,..

Silver Spring, MD

I guess young is as young does. I am 64. Our oldest is 43 the youngest is 28. Combined Bill and I have 10 children. 7 of mine and 3 of his. Right now a total of 13 grandchildren, three born last year. No wonder I'm tired.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.