anyone still grow tuberoses

North Olmsted, OH

I'm in ohio and my tuberosa polyanthus is incredibly fragrant but only at night should I have them in the shade.I grow them outdoors and they are in the house in peat right now.New member trying to get the hang of this nice websight.

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

I grow mine in the shade, but our sun is intense. They are more fragrant in the evenings here too.

North Olmsted, OH

can I seperate the tubers if they are large

North Olmsted, OH

thankyou for your reply

South West, LA(Zone 9a)

My plant it young so I have never had to divide it. Im with Calalily, too hot here I have mine in morning sun only.

North Olmsted, OH

I have 4 tubers that are ready to part with theirselves although I'm not sure if they are tubers or corms

North Olmsted, OH

What is the madagascar tuberose called it is also called the hawaiin leigh plant and can I grow that here in ohio somehow.

North Olmsted, OH

I have a very professional book on fragrance and sometimes I find my tuberose almost overwhelming in smell although my daughters rabbit would keep her nose buried in it and she is such a timid animal when I hold the bunny by it.

North Olmsted, OH

I'm a new member and also I am not a very fast typer but I do have a deep respect for all types of gardening and I am sure that you will run into my threads once in awhile again.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

I absolutely love them. I can tell you that they don't like being moved. I learned that the hard way- no blooms this year only foliage. They can take 2 yrs to start blooming again once they're moved. The first year I grew them I had them in a barrel and they bloomed the first year. Go figure!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.