I am resolved!

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I'll get the ball rolling (there was a reason I was really interested in this forum ;o)

We're getting a new heat pump/gas furnace unit later this week. The project also involves running new ductwork into the ceiling and adding new vents into about 400 square feet of the house that isn't properly serviced by the existing heat/air unit and ductwork.

That's the exciting part!

The challenge for me is that everything in the attic has to be removed so they can run the new ductwork. (The attic just isn't big enough for workmen, heat/air ducts, and all the "stuff" we store up there.)

Currently my formal living and dining is piled with boxes (at least they're somewhat sorted according to what's in them), and my goal/challenge/mission is to:

1) go through each box and sort out the items we truly want/need to keep;
2) repack those items in plastic tubs;
3) label each tub so I know what's what; and
4) get rid of all the things we've carted around for 23 years.

Has anyone else tackled a job like this? I have no doubt it will be well worth it when it's done, but boy oh boy, is it a daunting task when I look at all those boxes. I did have the foresight to have our "bug guy" spray the attic for spiders before we brought everything down. (No sense in inviting brown recluses to join us downstairs!)

Thoughts, ideas, (and prayers!) are welcome!!!!

This thread has 42 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!