Anyone know where to get these 3.5" tall pots in bulk?

I need about 600 of these little pots that are 3 1/2" tall and as you can see, they are 2 1/2" x 2 1/2".

Thumbnail by Equilibrium
Wauconda, IL

yeah...from my garage. You gave me a buttload of them last year. ;-0

Dode, I need 600. There is no way I gave you that many.

Wauconda, IL

20 is better than nothing.

Yes, you have a valid point there.

Fayetteville, NC(Zone 8a)

I get mine from A.M. Leonard thru Amazon.com 900 to a case with shipping are $38.74

PLink should take you right to them

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007LRQ2M/qid=1137179993/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-3865780-7010311?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=A143QXMCJ5WMVJ&v=glance&n=228013

Big smooch on the cheek to you!

Thank you very much!

Portugal Cove-St. Ph, NL(Zone 5a)

Haven't you made contact with a local wholesaler yet? Gardeners with big gardening needs......... usually find a 'sweet' wholesaler sooner or later. Re pots: give away a plant or two........ and tell the recipient to drop off all the surplus pots, trays etc to you for recycling. You won't have to buy pots for a while..........

I use both skinny plastic and hard plastic. I prefer the number 4 cell pack........ I use one liter and two liter ice cream tubs........, butter tubs and glace fruit plastic tubs for seeds....... even transparent cookie/cake containers from the supermarket in addition to the domed trays. Also, KNOW a bargain when you see one, and buy...

Providing friends with a favourite plant can be a form of insurance........ in case misfortune befalls yours.

Bill in SE Newfoundland, Canada zone 5a

I ordered some off of eBay but I haven't received them yet and they weren't that exact style I was looking for. I also bought 100 of a shorter size. I needed those right away as I've got a few little Pings that are going to have to be potted up individually real soon.

I haven't made contact with a local wholesaler (hangs head in shame). The only places I have ordered anything from lately would be Calwest Orchid Supply, Golden Harvest Organics, and Charlie's Greenhouse and they don't carry this exact size. I need this size specifically because of limitations in grow space. I'm still out searching for that exact shape and size. There's another issue, I am a creature of habit and when I get good service I tend to go back to the same supplier even if they are a little bit higher in price than another supplier. The suppliers I am hooked on don't carry this little pot. I won't be able to use a wholesaler though anyway because I don't have a retail tax id so I'm going to have to buy retail and pay retail prices. Bummer.

I too use virtually anything to grow things in. In looking around I see ice cream & sherbert containers, tupperware, rubbermaid, cat litter boxes, sterilite shoe box sized storage containers, Belgian mini eclair containers, Dannon yogurt cups, Promise butter spread rounds, and lots of those disposable food storage containers in a host of sizes. If it is plastic and I can drill drain holes in the bottom of it, I use it.

This is a wonderful statement, "Providing friends with a favourite plant can be a form of insurance........ in case misfortune befalls yours". Spreading plants around is also a hedge against extinction.

aguy1947, I've never seen you post back here in carnivorous plants. I know you are surrounded by temperate species CPs because I have seen photos of your property and I'm hoping you'll take your camera out this spring and post lots of photos of them in their natural settings- please?

mmmm Sarracenia purpurea (PitcherPlant) is the provincial floral emblem. It grows in the open on marshes - we have a lot of coniferous forest and there are lakes/ponds aplenty PLUS the bogs and marshes. Some higher ground is barren.......... Which CP's were you thinking of? Important Note: soil bearing items are under QUARANTINE a/c nasty potato disease in the soil here. I grow a lot from seed..... importing plants is both expensive and risky due to distances involved (I live about 20 miles N of the most Easterly point in N. America.)
I don't have a Venus Fly trap.......... I guess it didn't turn my crank..... but it would be interesting to see......... what it ate ........ if I left it outdoors on deck in summer.
Bill in Portugal Cove-St. Philip's, Newfoundland, Canada zone 5a
Pic of urban Port.Cv. (Hill is about 500 ft above sea level) I live rural.

Thumbnail by aguy1947

I was thinking specifically of D. linearis, D. rotundifolia, D. intermedia, Pinguicula villosa, and P. vulgaris as well as some of the Utric forms that might be up there in your neck of the woods. Actually, other than purps, I have no idea what all you have up their but I suspect the range of some of the plants I mentioned will extend to your area.

Little people like us can't trade plants but there are a few nurseries that would ship to you that would have all of their ducks in line as far as paperwork and phytos go so that nobody gets in trouble. Field collecting isn't a practice that anyone I associate with subscribes to but then you already know that because you won't field collect either... well... that excludes photos! I believe, not positive... that you can receive seed there if it is under a certain weight. Am I correct? Maybe we could round up some VFT seed for you to play with! Do you want me to go poking around to look for seed for you? We can't leave you up there "seedless"!

I took a quick look in the RD A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants (a tome!)........ only one Dionaea muscipula [genus of one species!] - the venus fly trap. Pinguicula... I fared a bit better - a genus of 45 species, 2 deserving mention, P. grandiflora {western Europe} (zone3-5), and P.moranensis {Mexico} (zone not mentioned).

Recently I placed seed orders with Stokes and T&M....... and I usually do something with Park Seed, and maybe with Dominion (just too pricey for plants at risk!). I prefer sowing seed...... risk/cost is nowhere near as bad. Friends are into cuttings more than I am.... but note that the Cotoneaster bullatus cuttings from a few weeks ago (!) are sprouting leaves..... I finally placed Aconitum carmichaellii outdoors under today's snow....and rain........ the plastic dome is too nish for any weight of snow.

I do need to come up to speed here...... as I have never really looked at plants 'that' way........ and hope there aren't any around that look at me that way either! It is easy to see how one evolves to Naturalist to appreciate ALL of nature. If it presents no problem, I would like to learn a bit more.... before asking for seed of CP's.......
I am childless but not seedless - definitely a nutcase plant guy. 75 different pks of seed last year. Enjoying Davesgarden immensely - birds of a feather........ mmm I don't eat my flowers either.
Bill in SE Newfoundland zone 5a

Silly you, of course it presents no problem to wait for seed but you should probably jump in and take the dive and go from there though! That's how most of us did it. Plunge in and swim for the air at the suface type deal. Nothing better than indoctrination by fire.

Crivitz, WI(Zone 4b)

Equilibrium,
I got my pots this size from Home Harvest Garden Supply last year. They are .19 cents each. I got 75 and liked them so much I ordered a case. They ship fast too. The pots are strong and good grade.
Thats at HomeHarvest.com

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.